UX/UI Designer - Opera SportAt Opera
About Opera Sport
Opera Sport is a new initiative launched by Opera which aims to improve the way its sports-mad users are catered for. In May 2021, Opera Sport launched Opera Football - its first product - in the Play Store and as a standalone website. Thanks to access to Opera's browser audience of more than 300m unique active users, this new product already boasts a user-base of more than 10 million and its audience and engagement continues to grow quickly, with growth particularly strong in Africa and emerging markets.
Using this recent success as a springboard and with the new football season fast approaching, Opera Sport is set to embark on a significant overhaul. With several new features, new sports and a new brand identity in the pipeline, Opera Sport is seeking a UX/UI Designer to help take the project to the next level.
As a new division of Opera, the successful candidate will be the first full-time designer attached to the project and will lead all current and future product-related design efforts.
The successful candidate will be involved from conception all the way through to execution, including:
- Helping to shape and assuming responsibility for translating the new brand vision into the web and app products, and ensuring there is consistency between marketing assets and product materials
- Working with product managers and engineers to understand user requirements and coming up with solutions to boost product engagement and retention
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX problems
- Leading the design of new features that are introduced to the product, including the roll-out and integration of new sports
- Preparing and presenting drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Creating user interface elements like menus, tabs, widgets, buttons, search fields etc
- Creating original graphic designs to present sports data in innovative, visually-appealing and digestible ways
- Taking responsibility for the creation of all mock-ups, prototypes and final screens for all sport products across app and web
- Ensuring that the products are fully optimised for the technology and browser cohorts they are created for, including feature phones, low-end smart-phones and the latest models across native app and web
- Checking to ensure the final product is exactly as conceived and designed in the created screens
- Managing and maintaining detailed design documentation
- Contributing to the continuous development of processes, pipelines and feature updates to maintain forward momentum
- Playing an active role in future resource and recruitment processes where required
- At least five years' relevant experience
- Proven history of playing a prominent role in the completion of multiple product design projects from conception to completion
- Proficient in all aspects of design and with an exceptional knowledge of a UI/UX design and prototyping tool such as Figma, InVision, Adobe XD or Sketch
- Experience in making a brand vision tangible through product design
- A portfolio full of relevant examples
- Ability to work well independently and to work in multi-discipline teams across multiple locations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Beneficial as a plus
- Experience of working in the sports/betting environments is a bonus
- A working knowledge of – or commitment to learning about - football, cricket and basketball would be highly desirable
- CSS and HTML familiarity
We will review applications and interview candidates on a rolling basis, apply now!
Opera is a leading global internet brand with an engaged and growing base of over 380 million average monthly active users. Building on 25 years of innovation, starting with our browser products, we are increasingly leveraging our brand as well as our massive and highly active user base in order to expand our offerings and our business. Today, we offer users across Europe, Africa and Asia a range of products and services that include our PC and mobile browsers as well as our AI-powered news reader Opera News and our app-based fintech solutions.
Opera is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with major offices in Poland, China, Estonia and Sweden, as well as a presence in many additional countries. Opera is listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the “OPRA” ticker symbol.