PHP Software EngineerAt Pagely
The first-ever Managed WordPress Hosting Platform, Pagely is the market leader in innovation, speed, scalability, and security, with thousands of clients trusting our impressive and forward-thinking infrastructure. Our clients range from the largest tech companies, to universities, creative agencies, city and state governments, magazines, ski resorts, and other large and midsize businesses. We've done it by sticking true to the singular focus of treating our customers right.
We are looking for a skilled (mid-level) engineer who is confident in and working with collaborative, globally distributed teams. The ideal candidate is experienced and confident enough to hit the ground running. A laid back personality is a plus. Must have at least 4 working hours overlap with MST (=GMT -7).
What You'll Do:
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules.
- Develop REST APIs.
- Build back end website applications.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Collaboratively contribute to our code libraries, code reviews, process improvements, and technical decisions.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Strong knowledge of modern PHP development using micro-frameworks.
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming.
- Understanding of MVC design patterns - bonus for ADR.
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance.
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds.
- Familiarity with microservices.
- Strong understanding of Unit Tests and Integration Tests - both front and back ends.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages.
- Top notch communication skills.
- Experience working remotely or with a distributed team.
$70k - $125k/yr USD Depending on Experience and Geographic Cost of Living
- 100% Remote Work
- Competitive Salary Commensurate with Experience and Cost of Living
- Health, Vision, Dental, Long Term Disability Coverage (US Residents)
- 401k w/ 4% match (US Residents)
- Generous Paid Vacation
- Paid Parental Leave
Our goal at Pagely is to be an inclusive and welcoming environment for everyone. The merit of your work and the content of your character win the day. #EEO