Product EngineerAt Parrot
Court reporting is a $5B+ industry in the United States, with demand steadily increasing and a growing shortage of qualified court reporters available. Parrot is addressing this critical gap in the market by bringing technology to modernize remote proceedings and the transcription process. The result is remote proceedings that are more effective and convenient, and transcriptions that are delivered faster, more accurately and with functionality that saves our customers time and money. Today, law firms, insurance companies, law enforcement and leading corporations rely on Parrot for depositions, examinations under oath, and hearings.
Why Join Us?
We're looking for talented, mission-oriented engineers to join our team of 8 full stack engineers. You'll be building a user-facing web application, internal APIs, integrations with our ML services and whatever else the future brings. In the long term, your responsibilities will include taking end to end ownership of new features, maintaining existing systems, proactively improving the product and bringing your own experience to achieve efficient engineering processes at scale. Our goal is to provide you with extensive onboarding to get you on track and be productive from week 1 at Parrot.
- Be self sufficient and take responsibility for seeing projects through to successful conclusions
- Be the gatekeeper of the codebase and ensure that it stays stable, readable, and fun to work on
- Participate in product decision making, providing feedback and suggestions for improvement
- Be ready to tackle all sorts of challenges ranging from building APIs, improving server infrastructure or creating user interfaces and iterating on design
- Perform code reviews for your peers, provide constructive and actionable feedback
- Good communication and writing skills in English
- Skilled in shifting between system-level thinking and use case-specific design
- Strong experience building production systems in Python, ideally on the web using Django and Django Rest Framework
- Experience with front end technologies such as React and TypeScript
- Using Docker to drive local development as well as deploying containerized services
- You know your way around Git and GitHub/GitLab or similar
- Good testing skills; know how and what to test
- Experience with large, complex code bases and know how to maintain them (Especially ones you haven't written yourself)
- DevOps experience, including knowledge of performance/scalability best practices
Nice to have
- Experience operating data infrastructure on Kubernetes
- You have a good eye for design and usability
- You are product-oriented and focused on delivering
- Whatever you're excited about - tell us!
Who We Are
We are a small, fast growing team of operators, technologists, language nerds and legal professionals. We've been remote first from the beginning, well before COVID. We value flexibility and work life balance -- our focus is delivering an exceptional experience for our customers. We are an equal opportunity company and highly value diversity in our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you're interested in what we're building, we'd love to connect.