UI/UX DesignerAt Paubox
Apply for the Job
Paubox provides secure communication for modern healthcare. Right out of the box.
We are a fast growing B2B startup based in San Francisco, ranking #320 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing privately owned companies. Our core solutions are HIPAA compliant, HITRUST CSF certified, and rated best in class by G2.com. Our mission is to provide market leadership in the HIPAA compliant email space.
We are looking for a user focused UI/UX designer with 3+ years of experience to help us develop intuitive and easy to use products. The ideal candidate is someone who is well versed in gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements, building navigation components and has extensive experience with design software and wireframe tools.
Please include a link or attach your portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications.
This position is fully remote but will need significant overlap with Pacific Time. Must be located and authorized to work in the U.S.
- Actively drive and shape the UI/UX of our SaaS platform in a lean and result-oriented way
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and develop new user-facing features
- Participate in the development lifecycle including design, testing and release for our products
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how a product functions and what it looks like
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Make layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Proven UI/UX experience with a strong portfolio and 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated ability to spec, wireframe, and mock intuitive and functional UX
- Experience with web applications and in-depth knowledge of HTML5, CSS, and responsive styling
- A critical thinker with a user-centric mindset and a strong attention to detail
- Understanding of interaction design principles
- Knowledge of industry tools such as Figma, Balsamiq, Sketch, InVision, Illustrator, and Zeplin
- A “roll up your sleeves and dive in” attitude, with willingness to learn and help out wherever needed
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate insights and recommended actions
- Ability to discuss and explain design options
- Basic understanding of coding
- High level of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work within a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Ruby on Rails
Why work at Paubox
- We have a strong identity and culture that is hardworking, honest, focused, and fun
- Health care benefits, including dental and vision
- 401(k) savings plan
- Combined 28 days of paid time-off, in addition to holidays
- Stock options as an early employee
- Apple work laptop provided
- $500/quarter stipend for professional development
- Opportunity to grow within the company as Paubox continues to grow