Senior UI ArtistAt Perblue
PerBlue is seeking our next great UI Artist to join our team of experienced mobile game artists and developers. We’re a growing independent studio whose free-to-play midcore mobile games are being played by millions of people around the world, including the award-winning Disney Heroes: Battle Mode.
Our team brings together experience from major studios in the videogame and technology industries. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, we also work remotely around the United States for an unmatched quality of life and work.
As one of our studio’s senior artists, you’ll work directly with our Studio Art Director,art leads and engineers to create amazing experiences for our mobile game fans around the world. You’ll be a leader in setting the style and functionality of our menu layouts, skill icons, and other UI assets, and will lead development of best practices and other standards that help bring our games and their heroes to life.
- Take ownership of our studio’s UI art styles and production
- Lead the ideation and development of menus and other key UI elements of our games while aligning with our games’ graphic styles and core themes
- Ability to work with/create wireframesEstablish UI hierarchies, screen flows, and calls to action
- Deliver project schedules and milestones for UI plans in alignment with our overall games’ schedules
- Work directly with front end and back end engineers to integrate and polish UI screens
- Mentor/supervise other UI and game artists with proactive feedback on their work.
- 5+ years of 2D art experience with significant UI knowledge, experience, and portfolio
- Experience as the senior UI artist for a major mobile game
- Advanced experience in design tool software, motion graphics, and game engines
- Expert understanding of art fundamentals such as color theory, shape language, readability, and values
Your Personal Attributes
- Natural curiosity around why and how people play mobile games
- Close attention to detail, process driven, focused on results
- Self motivated, with a strong desire to learn new things
- Flexible in art styles and approaches with a POV on mobile game UI design principles
- Love of video games in general and mobile games specifically
- Alignment with PerBlue’s efforts to be a welcoming, inclusive and diverse workplace
- Supervision or team leadership experience
- Proficiency with JIRA and other project management toolsets
- Proficiency with Shotgun/Shotgrid or other asset management software
- Experience working directly in Unity
Compensation and Benefits
We are a Remote First company headquartered in downtown Madison, Wisconsin with team members based around the US. We offer a competitive base salary; incentive bonus structure; 6+ weeks of paid time off; comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; a well-matched 401k; flexible hours; and a variety of other perks including daily lunch delivery.
You'll be part of a passionate, welcoming, and collaborative team that has received several “Best Place to Work” awards by a variety of publications. We are headquartered in the vibrant neighborhood around beautiful downtown Madison.
No agencies, please. This is a pretty good description of this position’s roles and responsibilities but is not a comprehensive job description, so duties and supervisors may change. We regret that we cannot consider visa sponsorship or candidates based outside of the United States or Canada for this position at this time.