Security AnalystAt Platform.sh
To reinforce our commitment to customers’ privacy and security, for its PaaS solution, Platform.sh is looking for a Security Analyst with a taste for Python and/or Go, good Linux system understanding, outstanding written English skills, and exposure to security standards. If you’re looking for an exciting, high-growth opportunity with an award-winning, cutting-edge company, this could be the job for you.
We are targeting engineers that can function in a high-performing, multithreaded, 100% cloud-based, remote environment when provided with flexible hours.
Security, privacy, and compliance controls are at the heart of what we do as our mission is to simplify the cloud. The job is to transform what is often regarded as red tape and constraints into a well-oiled machine where everything is automated and where every constraint becomes a feature making our product better.
This role reports to our Security Operations Manager and works in close interaction with our CTO, VP of Infrastructure, VP of Engineering, VP of Privacy and Security, and our Customer Support teams.
In a given day you might:
- Monitoring controls and commitments related to company security practices
- Act as a technical liaison between the Security department and our product, engineering, support, and operations staff.
- Create documentation and processes in English to help satisfy compliance requirements and/or internal process questions.
- Support our staff by responding to information requests
- Work with external auditors to answer questions on our certifications such as PCI and SOC 2.
- Linux (preferably Debian-based) sysadmin experience or Linux pen-testing experience
- Desire to learn and a quick study
- Able to juggle several requests at the same time
- Excellent written English skills
Skills that enhance your application:
- Experience with
- Patch and Vulnerability Management process
- Principle of Least Privilege
- Incident response
- Identity and Access Management
- Encryption: TLS, SSH, Disk, etc.
- Ticketed change control
- Snapshot-based backups
- Containerization technologies (LXC/LXD, Docker)
- AWS, Google, and/or Azure
- Python or Golang
- Writing in Markdown
- git-based workflows
- Can bravely take on new challenges like a Gryffindor, analyze problems like Ravenclaw, protects our infrastructure and client data like a Slytherin, and talks with clients like a Hufflepuff.
Sound Like a Good Fit? We’d love to talk to you!
* This is a remote job
We are a worldwide distributed team and are looking for a candidate who can perform well working remotely. To be an effective performer here at Platform.sh, you’ll need to be able to effectively collaborate across time zones while operating with a high level of independence and autonomy.
Platform.sh is an idea-to-cloud application platform that simplifies cloud infrastructures.
We give developers the tools they need to experiment, innovate, get rapid feedback, and deliver better-quality features with speed and confidence thanks to our unique rapid cloning technology.
Platform.sh serves thousands of customers worldwide including The Financial Times, Gap, Magento Commerce, Adobe, Orange, Hachette, Ikea, Stanford University, Harvard University, The British Council, and Lufthansa.
We want people who are passionate, open, multicultural, friendly, humble, and smart to join us and help this fast-growing, award-winning company to revolutionize the tech industry.