Director of ProductAt Prenda
Prenda is on a mission to empower learners. We help people run microschools, where small groups of kids meet in a home and own their education. The model is helping light a fire for kids like Mo and many more, and we are just getting started. Imagine a world where kids grow up as empowered learners - they choose to learn, develop their gifts, and apply their passion and grit to solve the world’s big problems.
Prenda is hiring a Director of Product to help us accomplish our mission of empowering learners. This person will be responsible for driving our product vision and strategy. You will work closely with UX and Engineering leaders to foster and progress our collaborative tech culture. You should be comfortable building and delivering on product roadmaps.
Who you are
- Committed to human centered design, customer research, and user testing
- Experienced leading multiple product managers and teams
- Inquisitive, strategic, creative problem solver committed to creating amazing experiences for our customers and team members
- Track record of successfully mentoring and coaching others.
- Excellent communicator and teacher
- Level-headed, calm, and clear thinker in difficult or stressful situations
- Innovative and data driven
- Cares about people and sees their infinite potential
- Passionate about education and childhood development
What you’ll be responsible for
- Collaborate with design and engineering leadership to create a clear, inspiring product vision and strategy for our Guide and Parent experiences
- Leading and mentoring multiple product managers and product teams
- Help support and facilitate excellent communication between product teams and the entire company
- Helping establish and exemplify a culture of human-centered product design best practices
- Help establish key product success metrics and foster a culture of accountability and transparency
- Helping us scale to serve 10x the guides and parents we currently have
- Remove roadblocks and provide the necessary resources for product teams to be successful
- Mentor and coach product managers to improve at their craft and grow in their career
Prenda is a values driven company and we are seeking candidates who are committed to living our core values.
- Start with heart: Caring about people and a passion for learning are more important than transcripts, certificates and pedagogy.
- Figure it out: Everyone has the potential to become a capable problem solver. When we rob students of their struggles, we rob them of their victories.
- Dare greatly: We discover our gifts and purpose, then courageously tackle the big goals ahead of us. When the call to action is scary, we embrace the struggle, ask “why not?” and keep moving forward.
- Foundation of trust: Trust is the only way humans can learn and build together. We think about trust in every interaction and do everything we can to increase it. Am I trusting others? Are my words or actions inviting others to trust me?
- Learning > comfort: It’s tempting to avoid risk, stick with what we know, and hide from new and challenging frontiers. We seek the real learning that comes when we step (or leap) out of our comfort zone.
- Competitive salary combined with potential equity
- Tax-advantaged health insurance reimbursement:
- Home office set up stipend
- Entirely remote team
- Unlimited PTO
- Empowered, humble, passionate, and exciting culture
Prenda is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. Prenda recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.