Software Development ManagerAt pureIntegration
pureIntegration is seeking a Software Development Manager to oversee the delivery of software engineering and development projects. This individual will play different roles depending on project and customer needs, including running Agile ceremonies, release planning, interfacing with customer product management, removing roadblocks from individuals or between teams, and participating in architecture and design processes.
Leading day to day activity of software development teams, to interfacing and coordinating activity between customer project teams, as well as supporting pureIntegration business development activities. In addition to customer facing work, this individual will also engage in internal pureIntegration activities such as technical pre-sales and the hiring and training process for new software development talent. The ideal candidate will have experience with hands on software engineering, has remained current with understanding of software development and DevOps trends, but has transitioned or is looking to transition to a project leadership role. The candidate will have the capability to understand the development activity being performed at a detailed level and provide guidance to software development teams.
Location: Remote Role - Physical Locations, Herndon, VA
Work Arrangement: FTE with Benefits
Work Authorization: EAD, GC, and USCIT - We Do Not Sponsor H1B Visas, or C2C
- Running Agile ceremonies and maintaining development backlog for pureIntegration-delivered development projects, including Sprint Planning, Standups, Grooming, and Retrospectives.
- Leading development teams as a primary point of customer escalation: assisting with team customer onboarding, interfacing, and driving roadmap between our development teams and other customer projects, working with customer leadership to remove roadblocks, ensuring timelines are met, interfacing with PI leadership to escalate issues.
- Recognizing gaps in customer capabilities where pureIntegration can help to add value or accelerate customer initiatives and surfacing those opportunities to support business development.
- Participating in pre-sales activities for development-based projects, acting as a subject matter expert to help craft future engagements.
- Participating in the hiring process, including screen and interviews.
- Participating in the talent development process, providing input to training plans for different resource types.
- 5+ years hands on software development experience.
- Experience ideally focused on Java, with demonstrable experience with other high level or scripting languages.
- Experience in delivering modern software development projects using microservices, cloud-based architectures and mobile platforms.
- Working knowledge of DevOps, CI/CD and Test Automation.
- Hands-on experience in Agile-based software delivery, including leading Agile ceremonies.
- Proficiency with object-oriented development, data modeling, and design patterns.
- Prior Consulting experience is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Are you self-motivated, collaborative, and client-focused? Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career? Then pureIntegration would love to hear from you! Your career journey starts here!
pureIntegration, a systems integration company headquartered in the DC area, serves clients in the fastest growing industries – communications, media, and entertainment. Our industry-focused offerings and collaborative client approach has resulted in a 97% client satisfaction rating. As a leading service organization, we recognize our most valuable assets are our people, both as individuals and how they come together as a whole. As such, we encourage our team members to become fearless in exploring ideas and opportunities to act on them.
In over 16 years of Digital Transformation consulting and professional services, pureIntegration has successfully designed, integrated, and deployed winning solutions at scale which have resulted in measurable performance increases. Most importantly, we have done it while maintaining 97% client satisfaction for the past 15 years. With a rich heritage in Communications, Media and Entertainment, our diverse and expanding portfolio includes Fortune 500 enterprises spanning Utilities, Manufacturing, Insurance, CPG, Healthcare, Logistics and other select verticals.
pureIntegration is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.