Quality Assurance ManagerAt RippleMatch
Working at RippleMatch:
At RippleMatch, we build technology to make early-career hiring more effective while increasing access to opportunity. Figuring out where to begin your career is a difficult and overwhelming decision. Traditional career services and job boards with millions of postings aren't very helpful. It's also not a fair contest. For many students, opportunity is limited based on where they attend school and their personal networks. RippleMatch is changing this. Our platform is a two-sided marketplace — on one side, we help early-career candidates from around the country discover job opportunities that match their skills and interests without effort. On the other side, RippleMatch helps hundreds of employers like Amazon, eBay, and Teach for America hire top talent virtually and build diverse teams. We have a technical product that leverages automation and intelligent workflows to make finding your dream job or hiring the right candidate easier, faster, and fairer than ever before. Since launching RippleMatch from a college dorm room in 2016, we've raised $34 million in venture funding, grown to 1 million+ users from 1300+ colleges & universities, and brought on hundreds of leading employers as customers. Our tight-knit team of 60+ talented people works hard, celebrates wins, and cares deeply about changing the way finding a job works.
NYC or Remote:
RippleMatch has a NYC headquarters but follows a remote-first working policy. What does this mean? You can come into our NYC office everyday, once in a while or very rarely! RippleMatch will keep eastern hours as a company and we will expect any remote employee to have consistent high-speed WiFi access and maintain full time residency in the United States. Creating strong bonds between RippleMatch team members means a lot to us and we are investing heavily in creating opportunities to make sure remote employees get plenty of in-person time. We offer in-person onboarding, travel benefits and virtual team building activities!
We are looking for an experienced quality assurance (QA) manager to lead and grow our QA team. You must be a leader with startup experience that enjoys both management and hands-on work. As the QA Manager you will lead the day-to-day quality efforts, improve and augment our quality processes, participate in forming the product direction, and grow the team. You will work closely with the Engineering and Product Management team and will participate and shape our Agile process. In addition to the software development activities, you will closely work with our Customer Support and Customer Success teams. This position will report directly to the Head of Engineering.
What you will do:
- Grow and manage the QA team.
- Become a product expert.
- Lead the testing efforts.
- Establish standards and best practices for quality assurance.
- Champion best practices in software development, automation, and quality assurance.
- Develop, publish, manage, and implement test plans for new features, releases, regression testing, etc.
- Provide vision and direction to improve our testing technologies.
- Define and track quality assurance metrics.
Who you are:
- You take pride in the quality of your work and product.
- You care about the impact your product has on the world.
- You see yourself as a leader and not a boss.
- You are highly driven and care about good communication and collaboration.
- You enjoy challenges and thrive getting things done in fast-paced environments.
- You are a problem solver.
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves.
- You put yourself in the user’s shoes.
What we are looking for:
- Deep intellectual curiosity and passion for software.
- Team player and competitive spirit.
- A strong work ethic and high productivity.
- Passion for an excellent user experience.
- Strong cross-functional communication skills.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience leading and growing a QA team.
- Experience with Agile SDLC.
- Experience with Web applications that serve Enterprise and Consumer users.
- Computer Science or related education is a big plus.
- Experience with e2e testing and automation tools like selenium is a big plus.
- Software development experience is also a big plus.
- Outstanding references.
Culture & Perks:
At RippleMatch, we understand that our success stems from the people we have on board, which is why we invest heavily in our team’s well-being and growth. We offer a full slate of perks including equity, a dog friendly office, paid vacation, discounted memberships to Class Pass, a pre-tax commuter program, discounted Citi Bike memberships and comprehensive healthcare benefits (with free plan options!). We work hard to foster a culture of constant self-improvement, true ownership, and positivity. At our core, we are a tight-knit team that works hard, celebrates wins, and cares deeply about changing the way finding a job works. We are going to fundamentally transform the hiring landscape and won’t settle for anything less.
Our office is conveniently located near Union Square in Manhattan, NYC.
RippleMatch is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.