Head of Risk and AnalyticsAt Riskalyze
(REMOTE Opportunity located anywhere in U.S. Pacific, Eastern or Central Time Zone)
At Riskalyze, we’re on a mission to empower the world to invest fearlessly. Investing feels broken for the average investor, and subjective risk semantics like “aggressive” and “moderately conservative” don’t help. We believe that when advisors align the world’s investments with each investor’s Risk Number®, anyone can invest fearlessly.
We’re looking for new Riskalyzers who want to work in a product-focused company. We love to build scalable, flexible systems that make our products awesome for our rapidly growing user base of financial advisors.
We treat our teammates well and take our values seriously (https://www.riskalyze.com/values).
We are seeking a Head of Risk and Analytics to be responsible for maintaining and developing the strategy for building and expanding the company’s leadership in risk methodology, portfolio analytics, and coverage.
- Innovate and advance our core risk methodology and approach to bolster and expand our lead in the marketplace.
- Lead efforts to ensure that advisors, asset managers, and other partners have portfolios, investments and products that are accurately represented on the Riskalyze platform.
- Develop a deep understanding of Riskalyze’s methodology, risk models and functionality. Be able to articulate details about our risk models in both written and oral communications to internal and external stakeholders.
- Be the “voice of risk” at Riskalyze by representing our methodology and thought leadership at conferences, events, and webinars.
- Be relentless in pursuing solutions to gaps in risk or analytics coverage via well drafted, well researched and vetted methodology enhancement projects for engineering implementation.
- Be a key resource for building credibility on our methodology with our sales, support and engineering teams, leading methodology calls with prospective and current customers, and contributing to needs analysis for engineering initiatives.
- Embody the spirit of our core value of “integrity” and effectively communicate our risk methodology decisions in the spirit of that value, and in the context of our broader mission to empower everyone to be a fearless investor.
- Ensure that our market data is up-to-date and meets our high standards for accuracy and integrity, especially with respect to data collected from non-traditional data providers.
- Passion for our risk methodology.
- Robust understanding of the finance and market theory. Deep experience and reputation on risk, investing, analytics, regulation, and compliance.
- Unimpeachable integrity, intelligence, clarity, and trustworthiness.
- Effective and clear written and verbal communication skills. Excellent public speaking skills.
- Efficient, organized, resourceful, deeply loyal, and able to solve problems.
- Commanding attention to detail that doesn’t let things fall through the cracks. Strong sense of ownership that focuses on outputs and proactively communicates when things go wrong.
- Capable of properly handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Effective at prioritizing initiatives and triaging multiple priorities.
- 401(k) Retirement savings with employer matching dollar-for-dollar, up to 4%.
- Annual bonus subject to company/individual performance.
- Free financial advisory services are offered to Riskalyzers wanting expert guidance on how to handle their money.
- 3 weeks Vacation & 1 week of sick time per year + 11 paid holidays.
- Annual company retreat called the Celebration of Awesomeness where we take the whole company on a weekend retreat for team building & organization planning (previous destinations have been Lake Tahoe, San Francisco and Palm Springs).
Health & Family
- Medical, dental and vision insurance to keep you (and your family) healthy.
- Access to HSA or FSA depending on chosen medical plan.
- Paid leave for new parents.
- Subsidized pet insurance available. Pets are family too!
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply!
Riskalyze is an equal opportunity employer.
Recent Job Postings
- Engineering Productivity, DevOp at Enfabrica (Mountain View, CA) (allows remote)
- The Ops Authority: Digital Marketing Lead
- Clevertech: Google Ads Manager
- Clevertech: Culture Development Specialist
- Clevertech: Communications Specialist
- Clevertech: Producer
- Sr. Data Engineer at StyleSeat () (allows remote)
- Senior Fullstack Engineer (Python/Django/React)- #12 of Top-100 Marketplaces at StyleSeat () (allows remote)
- Senior Data Scientist at StyleSeat () (allows remote)
- UX Engineer at Pinnacle 21 () (allows remote)