Senior Manager, Analytics (Senior Analyst)At Rockbot
Rockbot, backed by Google, Universal Music, and Dan Gilbert, changing the way businesses use media to communicate with their customers. We are the first platform to seamlessly combine TV, Music, and Digital Signage into one simple interface enabling businesses of all sizes to easily control their experience. We power in-location media for dozens of industries. We run the Fitness Industry (EX: Planet Fitness), Retail (EX: Neiman Marcus), Hotels (EX: Intercontinental), Restaurants (EX: Buffalo Wild Wings), major airports and SMBs everywhere.
We have offices in Oakland, Detroit, or work remotely. You'll be well supported by a collaborative set of peers eager to see you succeed, with awesome benefits like Unlimited Vacation. We expect to double our headcount this year, and want to hear from the best.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for an innately curious, deeply analytical and highly driven Analyst who will support the Rockbot team. You will be responsible for uncovering trends and strategic insights in customer behavior, building and improving key-metric dashboards, and leveraging data to unlock opportunity and drive strategic marketing decisions to retain our customers. This role reports to the SVP, Marketing. We are a lean team; to succeed in this role, you must operate with an ownership mindset and be comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-changing environment.
You'll generate reports with thoughtful insights for internal and external stakeholders. Our TV advertisers need performance input while our internal teams might need to know how various channels are trending. You'll work closely with the Executive leadership team, with an opportunity to make a direct impact on a high-growth business.
Some Challenges You'll Tackle:
- Using SQL, leverage large, potentially messy data sets to derive insights and reporting that will drive better business decisions across Marketing - incorporating automation wherever possible.
- Identify and analyze trends and shifts in customer behavior, both independently and in collaboration with marketing channel owners and data scientists.
- Build dashboards that senior leaders can leverage to capitalize on key areas of opportunity
- Conduct analysis and share data-driven insights succinctly with data visualizations to synthesize the impact of initiatives led by teams
- Provide recommendations around trade-off decisions between competing programs and campaigns, desired consumer behaviors, and stakeholders in order to recommend the optimal investment.
- Build high quality reports for external clients.
You Should Have:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical role, preferably within consulting, finance, or tech
- Advanced SQL and reporting
- Familiarity with data/visualization tools (Google Analytics, Domo, Looker, Tableau, etc)
- Detail-oriented, with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Keen business acumen and ability to apply context to sanity-check numbers