Part-Time Accounting Specialist / BookkeeperAt Scalable Business Hub
Scalable Business Hub provides virtual accounting and business solutions to clients throughout the United States.
Our team works together in a supportive environment to understand our clients' needs and to provide custom solutions allowing them to successfully scale.
We are growing and seeking to hire a remote, part-time Accounting Specialist / Bookkeeper who thrives in a work from home environment. This Non-Exempt position has growth potential and requires 2-3 hours daily (M-F) primarily during normal business hours when our clients are available. Competitive pay based on experience with part-time benefits included.
We are looking for a new teammate that is a positive and self-motivated team player, who adapts quickly and possesses extraordinary attention to detail, excellent written and verbal business communication, who embraces technology while effectively learning new skills, maintaining confidentiality in a dynamic and virtual environment.
To succeed in the Accounting Specialist / Bookkeeper role, you must be someone who cares about our clients' success and enjoys performing these essential tasks:
- Manage all aspects of the day-to-day bookkeeping and accounting needs for multiple clients, including customer billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll.
- Assist with closing our clients' books monthly.
- Develop a professional relationship with our clients that allows you to understand their needs, recognize opportunities to advance their processes and establish performance expectations.
- Respond to our clients and teammates timely during normal business hours to build trust and maintain good working relationship.
You will have many learning opportunities while collaborating with Scalable Business Hub teammates and self-training at your own pace. You will be able to contribute to the development and optimization of internal processes.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business.
- QuickBooks ProAdvisor Certification and / or hands-on experience with Quickbooks Online.
- Working knowledge of an ERP system such as MAS 90 / SAGE 100.
- Two years' experience in an Accounting Specialist, Bookkeeper, Staff Accountant, Accounting Manager or Assistant Controller role assuming full charge bookkeeping preferably with multiple clients concurrently.
- Two years payroll processing experience.
- Two years inventory management experience.
- Two years Nonprofit experience.
- Strong accounting skills including understanding of financial reporting.
- Comfortable using a Windows based computer and Office 365 with Excel proficiency.
- Effective communication mostly via email and video conference.
- Ability to maintain a professional and quiet home office.
Must be authorized to work in the United States and able to pass a background check. Must be able to provide 4 professional references upon request.
To be considered, please include:
- Cover letter including hourly rate requirement, demonstrating your business writing skills.
- Detailed resume in PDF format including a list of your skills.
Independent contractors and consultants are welcome to apply.