Community Marketing CopywriterAt Seesaw
Apply for the Job
**NOTE** This is a remote-based (within the US) contract role for approximately 3 months with an opportunity for extension. We are looking for someone who can be available for 20 hours a week (preferably 4 hours a day, M-F)
Our Growth Mindset (The Mission):
Think back on your time in school and a project or experience that got you fired up, curious, and motivated to try your best. Can you remember one? If you’re like us, there are some projects we remember decades later -- those times when we were so engaged in what we were doing that we couldn’t help but learn.
Seesaw is a learning platform that brings educators, students and families together to deepen student learning. Teachers design and facilitate powerful learning experiences, students create, reflect, collaborate and make their learning visible, and families actively support and celebrate student learning. Seesaw is used by millions of K-12 students in over half the schools in the U.S.
The Curriculum (Your Role):
We are looking for a copywriting whiz! You will work closely with the Seesaw Community Team to bring fresh ideas to existing emails, landing pages, and community programs. In addition to revamping existing marketing copy, you will create marketing copy to reach new customer segments. This role will be very creative and will involve weekly use of creative tools such as Canva and marketing tools such as Autopilot, Squarespace, Mailchimp, Thinkific and more.
Your Classmates (The Team):
You’ll join the Seesaw Community team. This role will be a combination of independent work and close contact with members of the Community Team.
Subject Matter (Your Responsibilities):
- Your main task will be to increase email open rates and click-through rates. You will revise dozens of emails and build engaging email sequences that captivate an audience of global educators and school administrators.
Prerequisites (The Requirements):
- 2+ years working in email marketing, copywriting, or a related writing/marketing industry.
- Available for 20 hours a week (preferably 4 hours a day, M-F)
- Prior experience analyzing email campaign performance and optimizing email copy according to user behavior.
- Must be an experimental and creative thinker, who can come up with MANY different ways to say the same thing.
- You must be detail-oriented, organized, and thorough as you will be constantly iterating across multiple email journeys, as you learn from user behavior and campaign deliverability data.
- You are excellent at coming up with new ways to “market” an existing product! You are quick to come up with many ways to say the same thing and may engage in user research, competitive analysis, and A/B testing to determine which message resonates best with our multiple community audiences.
- Understand the educator audience and have experience creating assets that are effective, thoughtful, and supportive.
- Experience with marketing tools such as Autopilot, Mailchimp, and Squarespace.
- Experience building creative assets to make your copy come alive! While some of our educators prefer written text, many of them prefer eye-catching graphics to understand the message.
A little about us:
We are well funded and have an experienced team. Work with the creators & leads of Google Calendar, Picasa, Maps, Facebook Platform, and Twitter.
We care about building a diverse and inclusive team to better advocate for the needs of our incredibly diverse K-12 users.
We prioritize work-life balance and actually walk the walk -- we care a lot about our work, but care more about our friends and family. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy that people actually use.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits including full medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) with company match, paid parental leave, flexible vacation policy, free lunch, wellness stipend, and charitable donation match.
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity/gender expression/transgender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, or military or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.