Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless, and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology. Cryptocurrency, or programmable money, does not rely on an intermediary to give it legitimacy or value. Instead, it is valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that runs it. We think it’s time for the world to have an alternative form of currency.
We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules; we believe that we all have the right to access and use safe, fast, and efficient financial services that do not charge excessive fees and that suit the digital era we live in. We firmly believe in Blockchain technology and its use cases. We support financial innovation and everybody’s right to access new and beneficial technologies. Visit us at https://bitso.com/
What we value:
- Passion for Bitso’s mission
- Entrepreneurial mindset, this is key!
- Be inspired and energized by our values: Drive change, Be human, Embrace your freedom.
- Rolling up your sleeves and getting things done. No task is insignificant.
- Raising the quality bar and challenging others
- Seeing opportunities when others see problems
- Passion for working with a diverse group of people and different points of view
- A collaborative spirit who gives thoughtful and constructive feedback
- Making decisions guided by long-term company objectives
- Setting ambitious goals, taking risks, and empowering others
Team & Role Description:
A QA Engineer at Bitso works closely with the engineering team to ensure our products are performing and that we’re providing the best user experience. In this role, you will automate tests, measure and collect data, and design strategies to create a “quality culture” at Bitso.
- Supporting a full product release cycle, including support of deployments to production.
- Maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, API, Web, and building test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Update test automation standards and coding test conventions.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need:
- 3+ yrs experience working as a QA Engineer.
- Experience doing manual testing (req analysis, test case creation, defect tracking)
- Strong experience with test and defect management.
- Demonstrated experience working in agile development environments.
- Experience with browser testing libraries, including Selenium, WebdriverIO, and Cypress.
- Knowledge of API Automation testing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to negotiate with different stakeholders.
- English language proficiency.
Additionally, it would be nice if you:
- Have experience in Stress and Performance Testing
- Have experience using Pytest for API Testing
Compensation and Benefits:
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial inclusion across Latin America.
- Culture: You'll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and occasional Catan matches.
- People: You'll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space in Latin America.
- Salary: We pay at the top of the market.
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, this role is remote.
- Work Status: Regardless of your citizenship, we will sponsor you to legally work in Mexico.
- Health Insurance: We offer one of the best medical plans.
- Performance Bonus: Your hard work will be rewarded with a juicy incentive-based bonus.
- Unlimited Free Days: We want our employees to recharge their batteries and explore who they are outside of the office.
*As you move on to the final stage of our talent attraction journey, we will ask you to please complete our background check process.
*This role is expected to work remotely.