Accounting/Office AssociateAt Serverless
Apply for the Job
We are Serverless Inc, the creators of the Serverless Framework, a popular open-source development tool for creating serverless applications. Our mission is to make leveraging the creative potential of serverless cloud infrastructure simple and enjoyable by providing user-friendly developer tools.
We are growing and have several new opportunities for you to join our team! We are dispersed geographically but united in purpose. We value people who take full responsibility for their successes and failures. Most importantly, we believe that when people are empowered, they perform at their best. We are your destination if you are looking for a team that creates innovative cutting-edge solutions while having fun.
Serverless is currently seeking an experienced Accounting/Office Associate with start-up experience. The ideal candidate has worked with a distributed/remote team, is adaptable, personable, and self-motivated, is a champion for data accuracy and quality, has strong organizational skills, and is comfortable managing multiple workstreams.
The Accounting/Office Associate is in charge of providing accounting and office support that is flawless, efficient, and effective. Candidates must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and productive, as well as accurately multitask in order to meet multiple deadlines. In addition, candidates must have a keen eye for detail and complete proficiency in a wide range of systems and software tools to provide high-quality, effective, and efficient accounting and office support while demonstrating a high level of professionalism, initiative, and independence in assisting the team with a variety of tasks.
Founded in 2016, Serverless Inc. is a Series B funded start-up, with a fully remote workforce since 2018.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Supporting day-to-day accounting functions such as Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Work with Head of People and finance team using bill.com and Quickbooks to research and categorize uncategorized expenses
- Quickbooks Online reconciliation and general oversight
- Expense report processing
- Tracking payments and invoices
- Managing incoming invoices in bill.com
- Communicating with contractors and vendors
- Creating reports in Google Sheets and Excel (Excel skills and knowledge and applicable experience using basic formulas like SUM, AVERAGE, etc. is necessary)
- Other accounting or operations projects as assigned
- Organizing and managing internal meetings
- Ability to maintain an organized filing system for keeping and retrieving records and documentation (i.e., correspondence, reference materials, and notes)
- Occasional research assistance on creative projects
- General administrative needs such as meeting scheduling and filing
- Ability to communicate with others in a professional and helpful manner over the phone, video calls, and email, while also building credibility and rapport. This includes the ability to comprehend complex issues while remaining diplomatic and tactful at all times
- Reports to the Head of People
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a similar start-up environment
- 2+ years experience working in a remote setting
- Fluent using Quickbooks Online, bill.com, Slack, Asana, Zoom, Google Workspace
- In-depth understanding of accounting practices and procedures
- An eye for the details, and the ability to deliver accurate output in a timely manner
- Strong organizational skills and comfort with managing multiple work streams
- A champion for data accuracy and quality
- The ability to think independently and anticipate and prepare for team needs
- Excellent interpersonal communication abilities
- Excellent computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential information
- Must be proactive and able to work with little supervision
- Located in the United States
Benefits for Full-Time Employees
- Quality healthcare, dental, and vision plans
- Domestic partners receive the same benefits that are available to spouses of employees
- Paid leave for all new parents
- 401(k) Retirement savings account
- Our team members can enjoy flexible scheduling
- Our team is globally distributed, and we work from home 100% time
- Unlimited time off for our full-time team members
- Serverless empowers employees to expand their expertise through professional development
Attributes We Seek
Motivated foremost about serverless and making it accessible to all through world-class development tools.
Prioritizes the customer-facing experience above all else.
Unafraid of ambiguity, identify what matters most and delivers, without waiting or apprehension.
Owns the goals, and more importantly, their results.
Doesn’t expect communication to happen but ensures it, with emphasis on excellent written communication.
Treats everyone inside and outside of our organization with dignity, and respects differences in perspectives, opinions, and experiences.
Recent Job Postings
- Creative Force: Product Marketing Manager
- Full-Stack Python Software Developer at Advanced Energy Economy (New York, NY) (allows remote)
- Govalo: Full Stack Engineer
- silverorange: Full Stack React Web Developer
- silverorange: PHP-focused Web Developer
- People First Solutions: Senior Developer
- QA Automation Engineer
- Cloud Data Architect
- Analytics Engineer
- Account Executive