UI/UX DesignerAt Shero Commerce
Shero Commerce, a full-service, global ecommerce agency, is looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer with a passion for elegant, intuitive ecommerce experiences. In this role you’ll have two primary responsibilities.
1. Elevating the Shero brand. You’ll work closely with our Marketing Manager and other team members to create assets for a variety of channels. Think blog post graphics, Case Studies, social media channels, email newsletters, and more. All of those designs will follow our established brand standards and fit the overall Shero vibe.
2. Supporting our Production UI/UX Designer with client projects. As an ecommerce agency, we partner with merchants from a wide array of industries. Our services include both big transformation projects (think replatforming or new builds) and iterative improvements with long-term clients (think new functionalities and UI/UX audits). You’ll collaborate with our Design, Project Management, & Front End Development teams to deliver smart, clean ecommerce websites.
At Shero we work together like an orchestra, not rock stars—we only hire people who believe in teamwork and collaboration. You’ll need solid written and verbal communication skills in English, and a drive to work well with people from all backgrounds.
- Job Type: Full time salaried (W2)
- Location: Anywhere in the US! This is a fully-remote role and will stay that way permanently. Team members in the Poughkeepsie, NY area also have the option to work on site at our office.
- Work Hours: Eastern time zone, with some flexibility
- Compensation: Negotiable based on experience and location
- Elevate and promote the Shero brand
- Create featured and in-body images—mostly illustrations—for blog posts & newsletters
- Create portfolio images for our Case Studies & implement them into existing layouts
- Improve existing pages and create new pages for the Shero website
- Create assets for social media channels, infographics, etc.
- Create internal assets like templates for Google Docs & Google Slides
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to brainstorm and execute creative ways to promote Shero
- Support our Production UI/UX Designer with client projects.
- Understand our clients’ goals, objectives, & brands
- Plan & implement new designs
- Optimize existing user interface designs
- Demonstrate layout, functionality, & interaction using prototypes, wireframes, mock-ups, user flows, & site maps
- Collaborate with developers, project managers, & clients to bring the user experience to life.
- Test for intuitivity and user-centeredness.
- Conduct UX/UI audits periodically on existing & new client websites.
- Manage multiple timelines & complete tasks quickly to deliver on time and within budget.
- Other duties as needed
- 2+ years of experience as an UI/UX Designer or similar role
- UI design portfolio
- Proficiency with our tools:
- Mac OS: This position requires using a Mac, as some of our design tools are Mac-only.
- Sketch: Editing existing pages & creating new pages
- InVision: Sharing designs for collaboration & feedback; layout for newsletters, web pages, etc.
- Adobe Photoshop: Editing images & creating mock-ups
- Adobe Illustrator (or an equivalent tool of your choice): Editing illustrations, icons, etc.
- Able to see the whole user experience, identify blocks and improvements, and break that down into logical tasks.
- Ability to discuss and explain design options
- Openness to feedback. You know when to defend and when to flex.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able and willing to always follow existing brand standards for our clients and for Shero.
- Able to apply feedback & iterate on designs quickly.
- Common sense and a solid understanding of the task at hand. For example, if you’re asked to create a header image for a blog post, you start by actually reading the post.
- Illustrations are a big part of this job, so you have to be comfortable with them! Stock illustrations are fine, but they must be consistent with our current style and modified to match the Shero vibe.
Not Required, but Major Bonuses:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Ability to create illustrations from scratch
- Familiarity with our whole-team tools:
- Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, Tempo)
- Google Suite
We offer competitive, market-based compensation. Salary is negotiable and based on experience. Our benefits package includes:
Eligible after 90 Days:
- UnitedHealthcare Medical for employees and eligible family members; 50% paid by Shero
- Lincoln Financial Dental for employees and eligible family members; 50% paid by Shero
- Paid Time Off, including Vacation Days, Sick Days, and Holidays, with options for floating religious holidays
Eligible after 1 year:
- 401(k) with up to 4% matching contributions
- Additional Paid Vacation Days
- Mac equipment
- Remote-first company culture with flexible work hours
- Emphasis on professional growth, including paid certifications
- Multicultural team atmosphere, with an emphasis on including and supporting diverse backgrounds and lifestyles
Shero Commerce is a full-service, global eCommerce agency specializing in B2B and B2C technologies. With offices in New York, the UK, Albania, and Finland, we are an international team of eager and driven eCommerce experts. Since 2010, Shero has been building custom eCommerce websites for merchants everywhere, including renowned brands like The New York Times and Primitives By Kathy.
What does Shero offer?
- Support to achieve your goals. We provide training in new skills & technologies, and actively promote peer learning through Code Clubs and skill guilds. We reinvent areas of business constantly (ask us about our AWS & Alexa Voice projects!), and we have the engineering and architectural background to do it well. Simply put, we have the processes in place to support innovative people.
- Limitless room to grow, the way YOU want to. Ecommerce is exploding and Shero is growing quickly. Whether you want to lead a tech team or become a go-to industry expert, we have a place for you at all stages of your career.
- Organic diversity & genuine inclusion. Our team represents a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives. In fact, our co-founders come from different cultures, so it’s been in our team DNA from Day 1. We go the extra mile to make sure our policies and benefits are flexible, and our compensation is fair and equitable.
Shero is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and team members when needed. If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for this position, participate in the hiring process, or fulfill the essential duties of this position, please email our People Department directly.
Shero is an at-will, equal opportunity employer. We're a global team that values diverse experiences across a wide variety of cultures.
Please Note: We regret that we aren’t able to provide sponsorship for US work visas at this time.