Web DesignerAt Single Grain
Who We Are:
Since 2009, Single Grain has been dedicated to drive persistent growth for remarkable companies. We've worked with Series A start-ups to tech giants and enterprises, such as Uber, Amazon, and Salesforce. Our expertise is in paid media, paid social, SEO, and content marketing.
We have a blog, two podcasts, and YouTube channel as a testament to our digital marketing expertise. The podcasts hosted by our CEO, Eric Siu, called Marketing School and Leveling Up amass over 1.5 million downloads/month. We speak at conferences as well as host our own, our blog sees over 350,000 visitors/month, and the Leveling Up YouTube channel has 55,000 subscribers and counting. It's our mission to level up every human by educating and moving the marketing industry forward.
Check out our Careers page for a video on our company culture and values by our CEO.
Who You Are:
We are looking for a web designer who will be responsible for creating great websites for our education products. Primary duties include conceptualizing and implementing creative ideas for websites, as well as creating visual elements that are in line with our branding. You will be working closely with our web development team to ensure proper and hassle-free implementation.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have excellent visual design skills and be proficient in graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
When you apply, please include the words "web design is cool” in your headline. Any applicants that do not follow these instructions will be disqualified.
- Conceptualizing creative ideas with the team.
- Testing and improving the design of the website.
- Establishing design guidelines, standards, and best practices.
- Maintaining the appearance of websites by enforcing content standards.
- Designing visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with branding.
- Working with different content management systems.
- Communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps, and wireframes.
- Incorporating functionalities and features into websites.
- Designing sample pages including colors and fonts.
- Preparing design plans and presenting the website structure.
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools.
- Good understanding of content management systems.
- Good understanding of search engine optimization principles.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Excellent visual design skills.
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
- Creative and open to new ideas.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Competitive Salary
- Fully remote
- 15 days PTO, 25 days after 2 years
- Macbook with M1 Chip and full home office setup
- Medical, Dental, Vision paid 100% by the company
- 401k with partial match
- Life insurance