User Experience DesignerAt Smarttechnologies
North America Only
Are you a passionate and experienced UX Designer who wants to help change education? SMART Technologies wants you! We invented the SMART Board and established its use in education decades ago. We also provide a suite of educational software and tools for teachers and students. We are looking for a UX Designer to join our talented UX team and create engaging, interactive experiences that push the boundaries of how students learn in an evolving education industry.
Reporting to the Manager, User Experience, you will be responsible for creating design specifications for SMART software products with a focus on delivering a positive customer experience. You will work closely with our Product Management, Software Development, and User Research teams.
SMART helps educators and schools succeed all over the world. Our technology empowers teachers, students and teams to learn and collaborate in innovative ways, improving learning outcomes and inspiring breakthroughs. We’re looking for candidates who are excited about evolving education through technology.
We are very user-focused and we validate our designs directly with teachers and school administrators. We look for candidates who are curious, love to learn from users at every opportunity, and strive to delight them in everything they create.
We create software for interfaces ranging from mobile up to large touch-screen displays. Ideal candidates have demonstrable experience with multiple platforms and deep knowledge in at least one.
We’re looking for candidates who can take ownership in their product areas, and are not afraid to challenge the system if you see inefficiency.
- Lead the design of a software product or product feature area
- Work with Product Management to define product requirements through user research
- Identify user research opportunities in your product area and supporting usability studies
- Create design specifications for development teams and collaborate on design adjustments during implementation
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, prototypes, and high-fidelity visual designs
- Contribute to the improvement of user experience methodologies and processes
- Strong portfolio of design work showing how you’ve solved problems for the user
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a focus on human-computer interaction, user interface design, human factors, visual design, industrial design, or related area
- 4+ years of working experience in user experience design, product design, or interaction design
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, including depth in at least one interaction model and platform
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools and applications (Sketch preferred)
- Demonstrated experience with responsive design
- Working knowledge of user research and various usability validation methodologies
- Excellent communication skills, including written and oral presentation skills
- Intensely curious, creatively inclined, technically competent
- Ability to take ownership and work independently in a fast-paced work environment
- Self-starter with strong prioritization, organization, and process optimization skills
- Strong time management; capable of delivering high-quality work while adhering to deadlines
- A positive and resilient personality; able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement
- Experience with agile development processes is a plus
- This position does not have any direct reports
- We have offices in Seattle and Calgary, but we’re open to remote work if you aren’t in those locations
- Fast-paced work environment
- Occasional travel may be expected; no impediment to international travel
At SMART Technologies, privacy is not an afterthought to us. Privacy is at the core of our software design. The result is that privacy is an essential component at the core of our business. To read more about our specific policies, please follow the links below. For more information please review: https://home.smarttech.com/legal/privacy-policy