Etiometry provides next-generation patient monitoring software that helps clinicians better understand the status and trajectory of their patients and the clinical risks they are facing. Our software products are used by various clinical roles within Intensive Care Units, Operating Rooms, and other In-Patient units. The software is also used by researchers at the hospital sites, who export the data it collects in order to use it in clinical and quality studies.
By joining our company you will be at the forefront of clinical innovation, working with a passionate team of innovators with the common mission of changing the delivery of healthcare. You will become an integral part of a dynamic team whose work will directly impact the long-term success of the company and will provide great opportunity for career development.
Your role will be to interface with the internal development and research teams. Additionally, you will determine product requirements and perform implementation, QA testing, and deployment of the product into a hospital environment.
- Interface with hospital staff to understand both infrastructure and user experience requirements.
- Develop requirements and design for significant new features for the visualization application.
- Produce and document production ready code for a clinical environment.
- Build, test, deploy, and support software in a clinical environment.
- Assist with unit testing and automated integration testing of the visualization application.
- Understand and assist with the development of the full software stack (front and backend technologies).
- BS in computer science, systems engineering, or a similar technical field with relevant work experience.
- Strong understanding of CS fundamentals in software architecture, data structures, and algorithms.
- Understanding of relational database design and optimization methods.
- Experience with version control software, preferably Git.
- Comfortable developing and deploying software in a Unix-based environment.
- Experience producing software for a clinical setting that utilizes clinical patient data, e.g., physiologic signals, labs, and administrative data.
- Experience with server-side technologies (Hibernate, Inversion of Control Frameworks, Reliable Messaging).
- Experience with server-side communication technologies (AJAX, JSON, REST).
- Experience with Java unit testing libraries (JUnit, Mockito, PowerMock).
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies, and continuous integration and delivery.
- Basic knowledge of the FDA regulatory approval process and its relationship to the development process.