Become a Spaceteams crew member
It’s already in our name: working in teams is the foundation of our company. As our new crew member, you will join us in creating purposeful and impactful software for clients who want to succeed in the digital world. You will also have the opportunity to learn and grow with an experienced team and as an individual in an inclusive and inspiring working environment.
How We Work
We think and act as a team. This means we…
- take ownership and accountability over our work and working environment
- collaborate with each other and our clients in shaping the project vision
- participate in the selection of the technology stack for our team’s project
- design, plan and build software together as a team and with the product owner
- each contribute to team culture, organization and working methods
- develop as individuals and share our acquired knowledge with teammates
- are developing software professionally
- have a degree in computer science, software engineering, or a comparable degree
- have experience with agile methods and enjoy influencing the processes and culture of your team
- take responsibility and ownership of the team’s software
- are eager to learn and share your knowledge with us
- are a team player and feel comfortable within groups of people
- have good writing and communication skills in English, German is a plus
- are motivated to get things done
- have an EU work permit
Rather than being committed to a fixed set of tools, we use what’s best for our challenges.
Since we are constantly expanding our knowledge our toolset changes over time. But here is a list of technologies that we currently like to use:
- Lang: Scala, Kotlin, TypeScript
- Tooling: Git, Gradle, NPM, SBT
- UI: React, Redux, Preact, Vuejs, Vuex
- Backend: Node.js, Koa.js, Akka HTTP
- Persistence: MongoDB, DynamoDB, Postgres
- Search: Solr, Elasticsearch
- Platform: Docker, AWS, AWS Lambda, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Architecture: Serverless, SOA, Microservices
- Monitoring: ELK, Datadog, Grafana, Prometheus
Develop yourself, experiment, learn: it’s Spacetime!
Lifelong learning is crucial to us. Therefore we coach our employees to take part in our advanced training concept called “Spacetime”. Spacetime allows you to use up to 20% of the weekly working hours to grow your technical, but also non-technical skills.
Experimenting with new technologies, building a prototype, contributing to open source projects, improving your presentation skills, or learning about leadership – we will be open to your ideas and guide you in your personal development.
Currently, we are in full remote mode due to the pandemic. We plan to move into an office in Hamburg when it is safe again, so that everyone benefits from the mix of experienced developers and ambitious newcomers in our teams.
If you have further questions about the job, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!