About the role The engineering team owns the delivery and stability of our product end to end. Since Finix serves as the complete payment platform of our customers’, our engineering team owns our customers’ ability to capture revenue. The Sr. Software Engineer role centers around envisioning superior technical solutions to our customers’ payment needs, leading its implementation and continuously ensuring reliable service to our customers. You will have broad autonomy and responsibility for formulating the best solution possible and working with your peers to deliver your vision. Finix is looking for a team member to join our engineering team who brings exceptional technical acumen, attention to detail, interest to grow and an obsession with building excellent, performing and scalable software.
- Deep dive into our customers’ needs, and work with product management to define new services
- Own the technical vision, implementation, best practices and infrastructure within your domain
- Develop close relationships with product management and peer engineers
- Become an expert in your payments domain and mentor junior software engineers
- Proactively improve our architecture, frameworks, tooling, automation, and best practices
- Experienced in designing, implementing, and testing superior software
- Comfortable continuously delivering code, infrastructure, tests and features to production
- Excited about finding new and better ways to make software reliable, scale and perform
- Obsessed with finding edge cases, understanding requirements and design implications
- Proactive in monitoring running systems and troubleshooting production issues
- Always looking for ways to grow, opportunities to mentor and collaborate with peers
- Have 6+ years of experience building and designing systems with several lifecycles
- Extensive experience implementing secure APIs, highly available and observable services
- Led and mentored more junior software engineers
- Kept tight control on multiple competing priorities and have strong ability to multitask
- Raised the bar on every project you were involved in
About our benefits and perks Finix offers a comprehensive benefits package for all employees. Benefits are effective on the 1st of the month after your start date.
- Health: We offer a variety of health insurance plans with two major carriers (UHC for national coverage and Kaiser as an additional option for CA). Finix pays 90% of the employee premium and 50% of the dependent premium for whichever plan you choose. The remainder of the premium will be deducted from your paycheck pre-tax.
- Dental: PPO dental plan through Beam Dental, one of the best new dental carriers with national coverage. Finix covers 90% of the employee premium and 50% of the dependent premium.
- Vision: Vision plan through VSP. Finix covers 90% of the employee premium and 50% of the dependent premium.
- Life / AD&D: Company-paid Life/AD&D insurance with coverage for 1x your annual salary.
- Short-term / Long-term Disability: Company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Medical and Dependent Care FSAs: Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for out-of-pocket medical or dependent care expenses.
- Commuter Benefits: Pre-tax account for parking or transit expenses.
- 401k: 401k account through Guideline.
- Paid Time Off: In addition to federal holidays, we offer accrued time off of up to 15 days per calendar year. Sick time is accrued separately at up to 9 days per calendar year.
Finix is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.