We’re in high growth mode at DojoMojo and looking for Software Engineers to join our growing team as we build out a next generation marketing platform. We’re an incredibly passionate, collaborative and entreprenrurial group of engineers, QA, product managers and UI designers that work hard while maintaining a casual startup culture that values diversity and supports individual personal growth.
Your work will touch every part of the DojoMojo source code as you tackle new challenges, build frontend and backend web technologies from UI, to node services to backend databases. You must have extensive professional experience implementing solutions across our tech stack - AWS, Node.js, React, PostgreSQL, and an emerging Serverless backend. Our engineers are generalists that love team work but are also comfortable with independent projects. Your responsibilities will be flexible based on company needs as well as your skills and interests.
- Design and architect the DojoMojo platform, building and maintaining APIs and web apps that change the way our audiences are reached
- Collaborate with our Product, Design and Customer Service teams to weigh in on the scope, feasibility, design and implementation of new features
- Implement and follow best practices in software development, code versioning, software testing, and dev ops
- Troubleshoot, debug and improve usability as well as upgrade existing systems
- Consistently work to become a better engineer, such as researching new technologies and approaches to solve problems and improve existing systems
- Produce functional, technical, and user documentation that describes the specifications, data flows, and user interfaces as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other relevant education
- 4-7+ years of professional experience within an engineering team, preferably at a startup or small business
- Knowledge of AWS services such a DynamoDB, Kinesis, SQS, Lambda, and API Gateway is a plus
- A passion for best practices in engineering and coding, and an interest in continuous learning
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate those into technical solutions
- Experience in implementing solutions and features in a fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration skills; experience working cross-functionally with Product, Design and Customer Success teams
Why You’ll Love this Job
The DojoMojo Team is the sister company to Innovation Department, a startup studio building the next generation of early stage companies. We work with smart, talented individuals so if you love startups, and are keen to challenge yourself while working alongside amazing colleagues, we want to talk to you!
We can promise:
- Competitive salary in a fast-growing, close-knit, & motivated team
- Unlimited PTO so you can take the time you need
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- Annual membership to OneMedical and Teledoc
- Summer Fridays from July 4th Weekend to Labor Day each year
- Take advantage of our 401k program
- 12 weeks Paid Parental Leave benefits
- Subsidized ClassPass membership
- Commuter pre-tax benefits
- HSA and FSA pre-tax benefits
We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.