Hello! I am Helder, Area Delivery Manager of the Explore Team development team in zooplus. We are looking for a backend engineer to complete our team in Madrid!
You can be part of our amazing team, that is responsible for helping our customers exploring the details of our products in our e-commerce, developing solutions for the product description pages, wish lists, customer reviews and many other features.
These are some of the reasons why I think working at zooplus is an amazing experience:
- We work in small self-organized teams, respecting and valuing everyone´s opinion.
- Scrum is our way of working, and we feel like agile environment it is not only inside the team, our managers also believe on it and the organization is already aligned to it also.
- We learn from each other and share knowledge, through pair programming, code reviews, hackathons and trainings.
- The environment is very friendly and sometimes we do some activities together after work also of course with other teams. Also, there is no strict dress code here so you can come with a simple T-shirt.
- We deliver value by developing new features, maintaining existing products and improving all the infrastructure we need for it.
- We build quality into our code by following clean code principles and DevOps practices - you build it, you run it.
- We have embraced diversity, having colleagues from over 50 countries. This means our working language is English.
These are some of the technologies/frameworks/practices we use:
- CI/CD with Jenkins pipeline.
- Kibana, Sensu.
- Mesos/Marathon, Docker.
- Amazon Web Services and cloud deployments using tools such as Terraform or AWS CLI.
- Git, Scrum, Pair Programming, Peer Reviewing.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing software solutions for one of the most successful e-commerce platforms in Europe to enable our growing business.
- Building systems that handle live traffic.
- You will be working in a challenging Agile environment, developing complete solutions and taking part in all the software's life cycle. From concept design to development, deploy and maintenance.
- Creating modern web apps using a Java-based technology stack, as well as cloud-based tools and microservices architecture.
- Encouraging passion to automate anything boring or repetitive.
- Embracing DevOps mindset and owning your solutions.
- Building trust and cooperation between teams across the company.
- Solving challenges from the E-Commerce domain together with the Product Owner and Team.
- Profound experience in development (5+ years)
- You have proven knowledge and experience of the entire software delivery process from the business need to daily maintenance.
- Clean, modular code designed with architectural principles in mind and proper use of design patterns is simply a part of what you do.
- Deeply invested in broadening your knowledge, learning new things and mastering the ones you already know.
- You have experience with a modern web app development using Java-based technology stack, as well as cloud-based tools and microservices architecture.
- Trust, self-organization, shared responsibility describes the best environment for you to thrive in.
What we are offering you
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links. Additionally, we offer many benefits such as:
28 labour days of vacation (plus December 24th and 31st)
Flexibility first. Enter from 7 am to 10 am and organise yourself.
Remote working flexibility.
Offices in the city center of Madrid. Modern working spaces with table tennis, foosball, fresh fruit, beverages and company events.
Private medical healthcare insurance for all our employees.
Continuous development through internal and external training opportunities.
Participate in the technology community through our meetups and conferences.
English, German and Spanish language courses.
Discount in our zooplus shop for all our employees.
Referral program. You will receive a bonus by helping us finding the best talent.
We encourage diversity, meet our motivated and friendly teammates from over 50 nationalities.