We are looking for a software engineer to help us take our payments platform to the next level, and bring value from day one.
Our platform runs on JAVA, Cassandra NoSQL, Mocking with Python and interacts with our payment terminals and other services via REST APIs. Jenkins is in charge of making the builds of your code automatically, and executing different levels of tests, from unit to integration, so that you can focus on writing quality code. Our platform runs on AWS, and I could spend hours talking about it if you're interested.
We're developers and we understand the importance of quality in software and code, but also to take care of your people if you want them to give their best at work.
We use English as our main language of communication.
Collaboration, communication, and speaking your mind with respect to those around you are of high importance for us, in addition to a curious mindset and willingness to grow and exchange your ideas and knowledge together with your teammates.
In this role, you will:
- Work with your fellow engineers and teammates to ensure that Handpoint provides a comprehensive and cohesive server-based product to external and internal users.
- Build and own features from start to end.
- Prototype features and bring them to life. Investigate emerging technologies
- Improve the existing structures and tools.
- Be trusted, helped, allowed to grow and find your own style.
- Work in a fast-changing, dynamic, and agile environment. You believe that the route to speed and stability is through automation.
If you have experience and want a new challenge, or you're passionate about Android, Kotlin and mobile, we want to hear from you! Build on your success and join our small but fast-growing, international team, just as your work helps the company grow and run smoothly.
Technologies we use
- Java / MySQL / JUnit / Robot Framework / Glassfish, Casandra
- AWS - Terraform, S3, SNS, SQS, IAM, Keyspaces, Lambda, KMS
- Typescript, Node.js, Loopback, Angular, Nebular, SCSS
Handpoint is an award-winning pioneer in integrated payment solutions on three continents, supporting innovative software developers, market-leading banks, and international acquirers with a flexible, global platform for payments at every stage. Our partners build their growth plans around our solutions, and our end users build their businesses with our solutions. We are a team passionate about making payments easy and accessible to all.
Even if your experience doesnt exactly match the below criteria, but you know you are the right person for the job because of your passion, grit or track-record, please dont hesitate to get in touch and tell us why.
Why join Handpoint
Our vision and ambition are not only to help merchants to make the right decisions, moving from payment solutions to solutions with payments, but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. This is a job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working through tech-enabled experiences.
Spain, preferably Madrid, but we're open to remote positions for exceptional candidates. We have an office in Cambridge, UK; Madrid, Spain; and Reykjavik, Iceland, so it's guaranteed you'll be working in a multicultural and diverse environment.
With Handpoint you can look forward to...
- The opportunity to work flexible hours, if that suits you
- Being part of a close-knit, international team that mastered the dynamics of remote team working long before the Covid-19 pandemic
- Joining a company on the rise with great growth potential
- The chance to make an impact on the company, the industry and the world around you