Cognigy is a global leader in omnichannel Customer Service Automation. Intelligent voice and chatbots powered by its Conversational AI platform help businesses improve service quality, reduce operational costs, and support teams across the enterprise.
Cognigy’s award-winning AI understands user intents precisely and enables natural dialogs in over 100 languages. Easily scalable and pluggable, its low-code platform automates business processes through integrations into backend systems, operates as SaaS and on-premise, and is GDPR compliant.
Cognigy’s worldwide client portfolio includes BioNTech, Bosch, Daimler and Lufthansa. Learn more at cognigy.com
Senior Node.JS Backend Developer (m/f/d) - on-site or remote in Germany
Would you like to become a part of Cognigy, one of the top 20 start-ups in Germany, and actively shape our rapid company growth together with us?
Then we are looking for exactly you for this position – keep reading!
- Producing a clean, readable and well-tested code
- Improvement and testing of already existing code and documentation
- Helping us to increase unit-testing coverage for existing code
- Profiling and benchmarking our existing codebase to identify bottlenecks
- Measuring the performance of database-queries and helping us to reduce network overhead in our microservices-based product-architecture
- Several years of experience in backend development (ideally in Node.JS/ Typescript)
- Several years of experience with MongoDB or a similar NoSQL database including expertise in profiling database queries
- Experience with containers and debugging containerized applications
- Experience in building a large-scale software product
- Experience with writing well-tested and high-quality code - we are practicing TDD using testing frameworks and libraries like Mocha, Chai & sinon
- Experience in identifying bottlenecks in a large codebase by using a profiler and a debugger
- Familiar with code-analysis tools and the procedure of static code analysis
- Experience in using and working in a Linux-based environment daily – you should be comfortable with working in the terminal
Desirable skills and experiences
- Experience with message brokers such as RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Experience with Kubernetes and deployment processes using Kubernetes
- Excellent communication skills in English (ideally also in German)
- You should be comfortable and self-confident in communicating with our customers
- You are open for innovation and new ideas with a passion for software development
- Last but not least: You want to work in an international, dynamic and highly motivated team and want to contribute the development of Cognigy.AI
What we offer
- We are an ambitious and international tech company with a great culture, and we make sure that everyone feels welcome
- We believe that our employees should benefit from the company’s success and therefore offer an attractive virtual stock options plan to top performers
- We also offer you an attractive and performance-oriented salary
- The opportunity to help build this company with flat hierarchies and the possibility to shape the organization
- Flexible working hours and ability to work from home/ remote in Germany
Does this sound like you? Let’s get in touch!
Send us your application letter and resume, including salary expectation and availability – now!