Hubbers are doers, makers, hackers, and believers.
At Hubs, we empower engineers to create revolutionary products. Manufacturing is notoriously challenging for companies big and small. We’re changing that by making reliable manufacturing methods instantly available to engineers all over the world through our online platform.
If you're looking for a tech scale-up in Amsterdam there are a few to choose from, but none quite with our story. Over the past 8 years, we've built the world's largest distributed manufacturing network and have built the easiest-to-use product for ordering custom parts. We help the companies you know and love to build a better future, from humble startups to big names like Audi, HP, and NASA. Some parts we've produced are floating in space right now.
We're looking for a Backend Engineer - Python for the Engagement team, a customer-facing team, whose mission is to retain and expand our existing customer base by integrating and automating customer workflows. AKA making the lives of our users better. Our tech stack: Python (Flask/SQLAlchemy/Celery), PostgreSQL/Aurora, RabbitMQ, Docker, AWS (EC2, ECS, RDS, S3, Redshift).
Sounds interesting? Apply now!
What you'll do:
- As a backend engineer, you'll be working on the behind-the-scenes systems to power our digital manufacturing platform together with a vertical team made up of other engineers, designers, and a product manager.
- You'll be building APIs, designing data models, maintaining backend code, and scaling production systems. You know, normal backend stuff.
- Own features end to end, working cross-functionally with stakeholders to find elegant solutions to complex problems
- Collaborate with our backend guild to set standards and improve the state of our backend systems
- We use Shape Up as our way of organizing work, not scrum. It removes a lot of the process overhead (no estimations and grooming), gives us engineers a way to prioritize technical work, and still allows us to deliver quickly and iteratively
What it takes:
- Experience building web applications and backend services
- Strong coding skills with Python or similar
- A solid understanding of how to design, develop, test, and monitor production backend systems
- Experience with relational databases like PostgreSQL or similar
- Familiarity working with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience working in a full-stack environment
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks like Angular, React, Vue.js
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- We offer a competitive salary plus a bonus incentive and Protolabs stock options
- Hybrid working option, and work from anywhere policy for 3 months each year!
- Everyone has the opportunity to make an impact from day one, in a high-paced culture to accelerate our growth as we scale!
- You'll join a diverse, international team of 150+ people from (30+ nationalities) growing to 200+ in the next 12 months
- Everyone's a student and teacher with our Career Development Plan, LinkedIn learning platform, Tech Talks, Hackathons, Tech and Product demos, and Innovation Sprints
- Get access to use our global manufacturing network for your own projects
- Free access to Headspace meditation app and Mental-Health Support with OpenUp
- Stay fit and sign up to ClassPass and join colleagues who run, climb, cross fit
- In-house Italian chef (50% vegetarian) and Doggo friendly office
- Incredible office views in the Houthavens, Amsterdam
- Learn more about us on our Life at Hubs Instagram and Jobs Page
Our recruitment process:
- Our recruiter will have a quick chat to talk about the role and to learn more about you, your ambitions, and agree on the next steps
- Then we'll schedule a chat with one of our engineers from our engineering team to talk tech
- After that, we'll have the technical assessments: one to gauge your system design skills, and one to cover your coding skills. The system design assessment will be a collaboration with one of our engineers to build, at a high level, a working web system. The coding assessment involves a take-home assignment and a live code review.
- Finally, you'll have a short talk with one of our culture ambassadors and our director of engineering.