Mimecast is looking for Senior Software Engineers with Full Stack focus to join key teams across Engineering creating customer security products focusing on security services and applications as well and our award winning API and DB Services team. The ideal candidates will be people with strong Full Stack development skills and a passion/interest in security, API or DBs and scaled, highly available solutions. They must be a strong communicator, have an excellent attention to detail and a structured approach.
- Developing, deploying and managing software across the full continuous delivery life cycle.
- Liaise with other developers, product owners, threat research, security operation teams and QAs to ensure that feature requirements are well defined and understood.
- Helping create services to offer best in-class security protection for Mimecast customers.
- Run and support the services developed and deployed in a DevOps setting.
- Be proactive and continuously analyse and improve all standards, guidelines and environments.
- Communicate clearly to a non-engineering audience technology choices and trade-offs, and produce documentation.
- Pioneer and establish best engineering practices in a fast-paced operational environment while appreciating the exigencies of such an environment.
Skills and Experience
- Competency in Java (preferred) or in at least one Object-Oriented development language such as Go, C/C++, etc.
- Engineering/Computer science degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience as a Software Engineer. Ideally 6 years but not limited to.
- K8 experience is a nice-to-have.
- System administration skills and interest e.g.: Linux admin, git integration, Jenkins, puppet.
- Competent developer understanding the software dev life cycle and testing best practices (e.g. unit testing, integration testing etc.) using a CI pipeline.
- Knowledge of modern microservices and RESTful interfaces
- Capable in the DB environment with ideally PostgreSQL or MySQL