We’re looking for a Software Developer to join our rapidly growing Front-end Infrastructureengineering team. This role is for someone who is passionate about building innovative solutions and being exposed to new challenges and technologies while making an impact. This role is available to candidates across Canada, excluding Quebec.
What your team does:
We at Clio have an amazing team that is on a mission to transform the legal experience for all, and our engineering team’s goal is to deliver an incredible experience to our customers. To enable our engineers to build the best product they can, our Front-end Infrastructure team has to build the best possible platform that is performant, reliable, scalable, and beautiful. Working on this team you’ll have the opportunity to provide our engineers with build systems, tooling infrastructure, component systems, and other core frontend dependencies which enable our engineers to do their best work.
What you'll work on:
- Develop and maintain build systems that drive complex web applications
- Build patterns for components, code styles, and best practices
- Construct performant and scalable front-end systems for our engineering organization
- Own engineering projects from research and design to implementation and deployment
- Write clear and concise technical documentation on system design and implementation
- Advocate for best practices in the areas of performance, accessibility, and testing
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
What you may have:
- An understanding of of how the web works, with experience developing applications, and the foundations those applications are built upon
- You love learning and getting exposed to new challenges, technologies, and working in new areas
- You excel at building innovative solutions that interact with many different systems.
- You’re looking for an environment where personal growth and building skills are not just encouraged but essential - we not only want you to grow, we want you to help Clio grow!
- You have a keen eye for quality and are driven to help others improve, while at the same time balancing that with being pragmatic about what is appropriate to do right now
- You like working in a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone works together to help each other succeed and excel
Don’t have all of those? The most important part of this job is that you approach new challenges with curiosity and a drive to apply what you learn to fix root causes, not just symptoms. Deep curiosity and a desire to learn will help you succeed in this job, combined with a drive to help others by shipping code.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience writing software at scale
- A passion for keeping up with the shifting landscape of frontend technologies
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performing–and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies.
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation.
At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers