Effective forward-engineering of models into software assets implies a good understanding of the source meta-model and a good understanding of the target language(s). Therefore a successful candidate will need to be literate at reading and interpreting data models and be able to become familiar with target languages and their supporting ecosystems. Of particular interest are libraries and tools relating to validation, serialization/deserialization, API implementation and persistence.
The successful candidate will be expected to help with the specification of how to map models to assets, and with the implementation of tools capable of doing so.
CIB IA also develops solutions covering other aspects of Data Management. Some assist with the classification of data, and to support the ability to reason with the data classification data collected. Others can involve integration with other metadata sources.
Working in this area, in this environment, will provide exposure to Information Architecture as a discipline, and a higher-level view of data and processing than is normally found in an engineering role. This role therefore represents a great growth opportunity.
Experience & Knowledge Essential
* Experience on a number of major technology implementation projects, with an interest in data and an appreciation of the value it can bring to an organization if it's properly understood, organized and governed.
* Experience of Data Modelling and Meta-modelling (in UML).
* Understand the principles and working practices of Model Driven Development (MDA).
* Understand how a data model could be manifested in target programming or schema languages.
* Understanding of serialized data formats, such as XML, JSON, Apache Avro, Google Protobuff.
* Understanding of schema languages, such as XSD, JSON Schema, Avro Schema, Protobuff Schema.
* Understanding of messaging APIs, such as JMS, Apache QPid, Apache Kafka.
* Understanding of persistence APIs, such as JDBC, Hibernate, JPA, MarkLogic XCC.
* Understanding of d esign and implementation of APIs, perhaps using REST, and/or OpenAPI, GraphQL, WSDL.
* Knowledge of Data Management technologies such as Relational and Columnar Databases, and/or Data Integration (ETL) or API development.
* Experience of identifying and architecting alternative data integration patterns.
* Experience in collaborating with business and technical teams in order to understand, translate, review and playback requirements and collaborate to develop Model Engineering solutions.
* Experience communicating unambiguously through multiple channels such as Presentations, Word Documents, workshops and meetings.
* Experience of Programming Language Design and Implementation.
* Experience working with metadata, such as code analysis or code generation.
* Knowledge of Financial Services and more specifically Wholesale and Investment Banking.
* Exposure to other Data Standards (preferably Financial) such as SWIFT, FIX or FpML.
* Knowledge and experience of the Software Engineering Methodologies (e.g. Agile).
* TOGAF and/or DAMA certification.
* A willingness to bring an outside perspective to the team, ask questions and learn from breadth and depth of experience of the current IA team.
* A "growth mindset", willing to take on challenges.
* The flexibility to be able to switch between concurrent project assignments.
* An ability to envisage and compare potential solutions prior to implementation
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.