Locations: Los Angeles, CA/San Francisco, CA/Irvine, CA or remote nationwide.
What are we doing: we are a tech company, operating a thriving and growing broadcast platform, Alexa ranked in the top 100 sites internationally, and the top 25 in the United States, with approximately 10 million daily users, and a worldwide community of fans. Independent Broadcasters use our platform to create and share live streaming video, photographs, and similar content, generally adult in nature, (but no adult content is required).
Our sophisticated system has multiple parts, including but not limited to payment gateways, live chats, and video streaming technology. Every contribution here is of high impact and affects the experience of millions of users using the site every day.
We always explore new ways to use cutting-edge tech stack and move toward modern micro-services-based architecture.
How we build the product: The platform is built on Python/Django framework with TypeScript on the front-end. Some parts of the platform use Java, Golang, and Rust.
Top-3 reasons to join our team:
- People first culture - many initiatives that support the well-being of our employees.
- Impressive team members who joined us after working at Google, Imgur, etc.
- Inclusive environment that induces a high impact of everyone on a team.
What will you do: You will work in a very dynamic environment and have an opportunity to work on different parts of the platform.
Mainly, you will be participating in brainstorming to figure out the best technical solutions to achieve the goals set by the management. As a top-notch software engineer in our team, you will be accountable for building comprehensive technical solutions with high-quality standards and practicing clean coding styles. The day-to-day tasks may include building new features for the site, fixing existing bugs, and refactoring/optimizing existing code to deliver the best consumer experience for both users and broadcasters worldwide.
This includes working on features that are supported across all major web browsers, mobile devices, smart TVs, and video consoles. As a backend engineer, it is expected to work with large data sets and being an expert in designing efficient algorithms, queries, and caching methods.
We value an initiative and are willing to support you in making appropriate technical decisions.
What will you bring:
- A degree in STEM and/or relevant professional experience
- Solid knowledge of programming fundamentals - algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and paradigms
- 3+years of professional experience and expert knowledge of inner workings of Django.
- Proven problem-solving and fast-learning skills.
Would be nice to have: be familiar with other programming languages such as Java, Go, Rust.
- Health&Life insurance with dental and vision plan
- 401k matching
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days
- Paid lunches in the office or GrubHub coupons for remote employees.
- Peer-to-peer recognition system, employee assistance program, and many more!