Regional Vice President, SalesAt Sonatype
South/Central US region
Apply for the Job
We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds that hail from more than 50 countries and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open-source decision made by modern engineering organizations.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use several communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team meetups. We also have an annual company meetup to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
About the Team:
Sonatype’s global sales team comprises over 100 Sales & Account Development reps and Account Managers. Much of our team is based remotely in the regions or territories they support. Our reps are committed to achieving and exceeding expectations and providing a high-quality service to our growing client base.
As a Regional Vice President, you will lead a growing team of 8-10 sellers in our South/Central region. Your team is also supported by Account Development reps, Solutions Engineers, and Customer Success Engineers. All are tasked with uncovering new sales opportunities and selling/supporting Sonatype’s comprehensive suite of Nexus products.
* The location for this role is remote in our South/Central US region. Candidates must be located in and willing to travel throughout this region.
Day to Day:
- Lead, develop and mentor your sales team. You are a coach first and foremost.
- Execute Sonatype’s sales strategy and create new approaches to drive the team to exceed quota.
- Be a partner on the leadership team, refining and executing against the company’s vision and strategy; while sales are your domain, we want you to think bigger.
- Drive pipeline, forecasting, deal review, and negotiation.
- Collaborate with customer success to drive adoption and minimize customer churn.
What you bring to the table:
- Strong sales leader with 4+ years of software sales management experience with a proven track record of success.
- Experience leading sales teams of 5 or more quota carriers.
- 5+ years of successful quota-carrying sales experience in an enterprise software organization.
- Recent experience negotiating, managing, and closing complex sales cycles.
- Demonstrated history of hiring, training, and leading successful quota carriers.
- Bachelor’s Degree
It would be great if you also had:
- Sales experience in the Agile, DevOps/DevSecOps or Security industries.
- Experience selling enterprise software to engineering and security leadership.
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.