Senior Android Engineer - Premium Offerings at Spotify () (allows remote)At Spotify
We are looking for a thoughtful, well-rounded Senior Android engineer to join our team and help build an application that people use every day to discover and listen to music. You will play an important part in our mobile engineering practice, implementing new features, improving performance, and building beautiful user interfaces. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
We are currently hiring a Senior Android Engineer to join a cross functional team in our Freemium Mission. We are a team of 7 Backend, iOS, and Android developers who work on our main music app. We support features for Free and Premium users to understand Premium Plans Offerings and their benefits so they can make the right decisions for what version of Spotify works for their life. Our teams work across multiple platforms and are beginning with Machine Learning to bring the most relevant content to our users.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with a small, autonomous team of developers, designers, and product owners to find end-to-end solutions to important problems.
- Implement these solutions for our Spotify Android client.
- Help your team solve problems in a way that makes sense for Android users and our codebase.
- Join dozens of other developers and help to shape the direction of Android development at Spotify.
- Flexibility to work from home/remotely!
Who you are
- You have a deep understanding of modern Android development.
- You know how to write readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented Java and Kotlin.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code.
- You have released at least one app or have a project in the works that you can tell us about.
- You care about mentoring other developers and supporting a psychologically safe team culture.
- You care about team success over individual success.
- Backend Java experience is a plus!
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location.
- We ask that our team members be located within Central Standard time zone, Eastern Standard time zone, or Brasília time zone for the purposes of our collaboration hours.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.