Accounting ManagerAt Stack Exchange
85% of the world's developers use Stack Overflow. Why is this important to you? Every app on your cell phone, your computer, in your car, on your TV, and in your refrigerator was very likely influenced by a developer who uses our platform. In the same way all Accountants use MS Excel, all developers us Stack Overflow.
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 100 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. The products and services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
As the Accounting Manager at Stack Overflow you’ll be responsible for all of the day to day accounting functions for our entities based in the US and Europe. You will also develop and manage systems, processes, policies and controls for these entities. The Accounting Manager, Operations plays an important role in ensuring the building blocks of our financial results, that is the daily financial transactions, are accurately recorded in the general ledger. You will also contribute to developing and mentoring our incredible Accounting Operations team.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure all of the organization’s financial transactions - billing, collections, vendor payments, employee expense reimbursements, payroll and commissions - are accurately recorded in the financial systems on a timely basis
- Support the Accounting Closing team during the month-end close process
- Build new, improve existing and maximize the efficiency of our processes to lay the foundation we need to scale the business moving forward
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with key internal partners including the sales operations, procurement and people organizations
- Own the key systems related to the Accounts Receivable and Billing, Payroll and Vendor Payments functions
- Assist with the identification, selection and implementation of new system platforms
- Lead and develop your expert team to thrive and be challenged and continue to grow professionally
- Lead projects on our Finance roadmap from conception to completion
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or related field
- CPA (or studying for the CPA exam)
- 2 –3 years experience as an Accounting Manager
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented and the ability to multitask
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Energetic, highly organized and a self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
Ability to manage time-sensitive projects and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Strong process management and internal controls skills
Nice to have:
- Public accounting / private mix of experience
- Experience working in software/hi-tech industry with previous SaaS and Ad Tech revenue experience highly preferred
- SageIntacct ERP, Zuora, Expensify and Tipalti software experience
- Experience of running or managing payroll for 200+ people
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
- If you want to work remotely…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
- If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.