Jr. CopywriterAt StackCommerce
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is the leading commerce + content platform. For consumers, we help them discover and purchase products directly on the news and content sites they visit daily. For merchants, we provide unmatched exposure through shoppable articles and product features on the world’s largest media outlets. For publishers, we power white-labeled e-commerce shops with on-site checkout for over 1,000 publishers including Yahoo!, CNN, Hearst, Mashable, NY Post, TMZ, MarketWatch, and many more. TPG’s Integrated Media acquired a majority stake in the company in December 2020.
What You'll Do:
StackCommerce is looking for a Jr. Marketing Copywriter who will be responsible for crafting engaging email, SMS, and other e-commerce marketing copy that converts across Stack’s online shops and network of publishers. The Jr. Marketing Copywriter will also actively participate in the QA process and contribute thoughtfully around campaign and testing strategies. This individual must be passionate about the tech and lifestyle categories and be self-motivated, resourceful, and detail-oriented—enthusiasm for online shopping, sharing new products, and general commerce content is a bonus. This position will be part of the content team and requires agility, organization, creativity, and the ability to match a variety of brand voices.
- Writing optimized subject line, pre-header, and body copy for up to 50 marketing emails per week
- Effectively communicating the value proposition of our products and the messaging of email marketing content briefs as required for each campaign
- Cross-referencing product details and pricing to ensure accuracy of sale information
- Updating existing template copy as needed, including on transactional emails
- QA and proofreading of email creatives before launch
- Writing marketing copy for SMS campaigns and web push notifications on a weekly basis
- Writing copy for paid campaigns on social and search, as requested
- In collaboration with the retention and paid teams, assessing performance of campaigns, brainstorming new strategies, and executing optimizations
- Pitching in on other copywriting projects as needed, potentially including social media, high-value product sale pages, content marketing, and more
- Quickly shifting between the voice, tone, and style guide of brands from all different verticals
- Managing tight deadlines and prioritizing workload with little supervision
- Working efficiently across teams with overlapping goals
- Communicating effectively with both the editorial and retention teams to ensure any roadblocks are addressed in a timely manner
- You have 1–2 years of relevant marketing copywriting experience. Knowledge of email best practices including subject lines and messaging a plus. Experience with e-commerce marketing content a big plus.
- You’re responsive to requests, questions, and messages across a variety of remote communication tools, including Slack, Gmail, Asana, Salesforce
- You’re comfortable sharing ideas and speaking in front of a crowd
- You have a collaborative mindset but can be relied upon to dig in and get things done
Benefits + Perks:
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Competitive Compensation Package: Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” Thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done
- Unlimited Vacation: Take time to unwind
- Learning Budget: Dollars towards eLearning courses, eBooks, and more
- WFH Office: Home office stipend and internet dollars to set you up for success
- Events: Weekly happy hours, company trips, team bonding budgets, quarterly company “Hack Days”, monthly birthday celebrations, and team culture events (even while remote!)
- When We’re Back at the Office:
- Location: Our office is on the beach in Venice…take a jog to clear your mind!
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal
By the numbers...
- We’ve paid our publisher and merchant partners $150+ million and counting!
- We’ve been a profitable business from day 1.
- We work with 1k+ media publishers including Mashable, TMZ, CNN, NY Post, & others.
- We’ve been a ‘BuiltinLA Best Place to Work in LA’ for 2 years straight.
- We’re currently a fully-remote team with 110 teammates. Are you next?
StackCommerce values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color, LGBTQIA+, GNC, and NB individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce.
StackCommerce is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.