Software Engineer (Remote) at Staircase () (allows remote)At Staircase
At Staircase, we are looking for curious, motivated, compassionate, lifelong learners. We are building a world-class team that embodies our values around creative problem solving, continuous learning, ownership and performance. We believe that professional satisfaction comes from being able to express your own creativity and personal style in work that continually pushes your boundaries. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to craft your role and career to get the most out of yourself, your team, and your experience.
About the Role
At Staircase, the Product organization is divided into builder and planner roles. The Software Engineer is a builder who designs, builds, tests, ships and runs services. Youll be expected to apply your engineering and creative problem solving skills to research and execute on new feature development as well as improvements to our existing products. Youll play a crucial role in helping us build a world-class product ecosystem.
This role is a permanent (W2) position for US based candidates and an indefinite contract for non-US based candidates.
- Partner closely with Product Engineers to research, build, maintain and improve Staircases products and features
- Utilize design and coding best practices to build high-quality services
- Create unit tests and automate acceptance tests, and maintain test cases in a shared repository for continuous improvement
- Continuously ensure code and acceptance tests reflect the desired functionality
- Partner closely with Product Engineers to groom user stories
- Create effective documentation and publish as part of the continuous delivery pipeline
- Optimize continuous delivery pipeline for higher velocity, better quality and documentation
- Continuously optimize ways of working in an effort to deliver efficient and timely solutions
- 3+ years of experience in a Software Engineering role
- Proficiency in Python
- Proficiency in AWS cloud native software/services and infrastructure as code disciplines and tools
- Experience designing API frameworks with referenceable API designs
- Proficiency in test-first practices and tools
- Experience working with highly automated continuous delivery pipelines
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills, with a keen ability to mentor, coach and inspire team
members with varying backgrounds
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related
- AWS Professional Certifications (Solutions Architect, DevOps)
- Experience with Asana or other project management platforms
- Experience building and deploying services native to Blue Green and zero downtime
At Staircase, we are solving a diverse set of problems and we know that embracing diverse perspectives
delivers the best results. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where people of all
races, cultures, gender identities, ages, religions, orientations, education, backgrounds, abilities and
perspectives can contribute and thrive.