Backend Engineer (Ruby-on-Rails)At Startupz
We are looking for a Backend Engineer (Ruby-on-Rails) to help us build our groundbreaking new apps. It’s our mission to build new products that improve our world. If you like working in a fast-paced environment where you can really add value, this is the job for you!
We are accepting applications for the next two months and we fill the open position as soon as we’ve found the right candidate.
About the Position
Backend Engineer (Ruby-on-Rails)
These are the most important aspects you’ll be working on:
- Develop new features in collaboration with the product manager and a team of jr front end and backend developers.
- Make sure our apps remain fast and scalable.
- Feel qualified to combine different technologies in order to build innovative new solutions, incl. machine learning, neural networks.
Startupz is a startup studio that develops and launches new companies. We develop innovative products, systems and services,
and then build teams to scale them into companies.
Some of the things we do: we work to eliminate language barriers at Tolq.com, protect your privacy at LegalSite.co and make the internet safer at Codekeeper.co.
Check out our projects to get an idea of what we like to work on (please note: pre-launch projects are not on our website yet).
We are remote-first and local in The Hague.
We have an open ‘startup-like’ mentality and work inside a larger group of hi-tech web companies.
What else can you expect from us?
- Enthusiastic and fun colleagues
- Startup mentality and possibilities
- Friday afternoon drinks and/or (theme)parties (when Covid allows)
You can expect a mindful onboarding process with ramp-up and time to learn. You can expect a team that listens, and to be heard. You can expect to give and provide direct feedback. You can expect to be counted on. You can expect to do your best work and build a career here.
We build our apps, our teams, and our company for the long haul, with a strong eye to other teams’ effectiveness & happiness, from design to support and operations. A healthy, resilient app starts with a healthy, resilient organization.
We are looking for someone who is ready for this challenge with a getting things done work spirit.
- You are crazy about building building solid scalable backend
- You are driven and enthusiastic
- Fluency in Ruby/Ruby On Rails
- Knowledge of architecture patterns: REST/GraphQL APIs, Event-Driven Architectures, Micro-Services
- Well understanding of design patterns, SOLID principles and DDD
- You can handle a fast-paced, ever-changing, and deadline-driven environment
- Your communication skills in English are proficient
- Experience with the tools: PostgreSQL and/or Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with AWS Services
Extra points if you have:
How to Apply
Please send an application that speaks directly to how you would like to fill this position. There are no right answers or expectations. Show us your role in Startupz’s future future and our role in yours. Address some of the work we do. Introduce yourself as a colleague. Feel free to respond in either Dutch or English.