Data Operations (DataOps) SpecialistAt Steady Platform
We are looking for a sharp, highly-motivated DataOps Specialist to help ensure that we deliver high quality data to our users. This role will work across all points of our data pipelines to ensure that the “information value chain” is functioning properly, which includes testing data pipeline code and orchestration tooling, as well as validating that calculation and delivery processes are correct and timely. We are looking for detail-oriented individuals who enjoy collaborating with Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Analysts to build a high-caliber data factory.
DataOps Specialist Responsibilities:
- Test data and pipeline processes to identify coding issues and data exceptions.
- Evaluate data pipeline performance and design, as well as its effect on data quality.
- Establish progress and performance measurements at every stage of the data flow.
- Collaborate with Data team members, including the DataOps Manager, to improve data management and quality processes.
- Design process for growth and extensibility. The data flow model must be designed to accommodate volume and variety of data.
- Report data analysis findings to inform business decisions and prioritize information system needs.
- Contribute to automation efforts throughout data flows.
- Help establish data governance discipline, with a particular focus on two-way data control, data ownership, transparency, and comprehensive data-lineage tracking through the entire workflow.
- Document processes and maintain data records.
- Adhere to best practices in data analysis and collection.
- Keep abreast of developments and trends in data quality analysis.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 2 years of experience in data analysis and/or Quality Assurance.
- Detail-oriented and patient.
- Must be reliable, have good initiative, committed, and quality focused.
- Proficiency in programming languages, including SQL and Python or an equivalent scripting language.
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, learn quickly and be able to prioritize assignments.
- Passionate and curious about technology.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and/or GSuite is a plus.
- Comfortable working cross-functionally with different parts of the organization and with distributed teams across multiple offices and timezones.
We value our Steady Team Members and are committed to their success. We offer competitive compensation packages and a 100% company-paid benefits package including medical, dental, and vision. Steady is a relaxed, casual work environment with flexible hours and provides a weekly meal stipend. We also offer a generous PTO plan, 401K match, and future growth opportunities within the company. We strive to maintain a positive and fun environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company.
Steady is a mission-driven business that helps people earn more. Through the free Steady app users can build & track income, and increase buying power – allowing them to augment retirement savings, work around childcare responsibilities, pay down debt, save for purchases, and supplement their income from primary employers, while limiting their income volatility and better positioning themselves for access to a sustainable financial services ecosystem. Every Steady member will build something different. We celebrate those who take the initiative to create a path that works for them. Whatever that looks like, Steady is there to support it, providing a stable foundation that allows people to build financial success over a lifetime.
About Steady Income Passport
Income Passport is a new Steady product designed to facilitate income verification for 1099 and mixed-income earners for government assistance programs like unemployment, Medicaid, Disaster Relief, and SNAP (to name a few). With countless applications beyond the government sector, from tax preparation to proof of employment, Income Passport aims to be the go-to source for all income verification needs. Through automation and a proprietary process, Income Passport compiles users' income and payroll data into a single digital document that can be easily sent or shared as needed. With Income Passport, Steady is bringing income verification into the future.
Mission: Steady turns the tables by putting workers back in charge of their financial future with an income-building platform that creates financial stability and helps its users to take charge of their future.
For more information, visit us at www.steadyapp.com or on Twitter @TheSteadyApp.
Steady, Platform Inc. (Steady) is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Steady accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Steady employees, Steady hiring manager, or send to any Steady facility. Steady is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Recent Job Postings
- Sherbet: Senior Full Stack Developer
- Plato: Founding Engineer
- Principal Backend Engineer at Cribl () (allows remote)
- Dondich Coaching: Full-Stack Laravel Developer for Multiple Web Based Products
- Crazy Egg: Elixir/Ruby 🧠 Backend Engineer - Solving challenging problems 💪 in a team environment you'll ❤️
- SQUAKE.earth GmbH: Senior Backend Developer (Ruby)
- Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
- Senior Product Manager Draft
- Executive Assistant - Business Operations
- Head of Product