People Operations ManagerAt Supergreat
Supergreat is a video-first community of beauty enthusiasts who have created over 200,000 video reviews about over 40,000 products they love. They share looks, encouragement, knowledge and connect during our livestream shopping events—which sell out hundreds of beauty and skincare products in a matter of seconds.
As Supergreat's first People Operations Manager you'll oversee a wide range of HR tasks, including assisting on hiring, onboarding, and leading employee compensation and evaluation processes. If you have a passion for HR, are knowledgeable with employment laws, HR metrics/databases, and looking to partner more directly with leadership to grow and craft the culture of a fast-growing team, this is the place to be.
A dedication to supporting traditionally marginalized voices is required for the role. We strongly encourage applicants who are excited about our mission to continue building a team and platform where all the qualities that make people uniquely beautiful are safe, seen, and celebrated.
What you'll do:
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Assist in recruiting processes, such as scheduling video interviews, researching trends in compensation and benefits, and analyzing useful HR metrics, ie: Time-to-hire
- Lead employee onboarding and help organize learning and development initiatives
- Lead constructive 6-month performance review cycles across the company
- Maintain compensation and benefits plans
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and also research and recommend best practices to ensure Supergreat stays an inspiring workplace
- Partner with leadership in creating or assessing HR strategies, programs, and benefits to support our team, such as new policies, perks, or stipends for remote work, etc.
- Provide support to employees in HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise
What we're looking for:
- At least 3 years of human resource management experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, active listening, and negotiation skills plus a demonstrated ability to act with integrity
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resources metrics, systems, and databases, ie: HRIS
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
What it's like to work at Supergreat:
Supergreat is a tight-knit team of 22 where people are excited about wearing multiple hats and tackling challenges they've never encountered before. We are backed by top investors including Benchmark, Thrive Capital, Third Kind, and angels including founders of Rent the Runway, Product Hunt, Thrive Market, and Tumblr.
We offer our team competitive compensation including equity in the company. PTO is unlimited, with paid holidays and a flexible work schedule. We offer 16 weeks paid parental leave. We also offer comprehensive health benefits.
Prior to COVID, we largely worked from a beautiful office space in Tribeca, NYC and enjoyed company outings, happy hours, and weekly team lunches together. Since the crisis, we've adapted to working remotely and are now distributed across the US and Europe. We realize that the future of physical work is unclear and that our team values flexibility – with that in mind, we'll continue to hire remotely going forward.