M&A Integration AssociateAt Teamshares
Apply for the Job
What is Teamshares?
Teamshares is a unique mission-driven startup that buys small businesses from retiring owners and transitions them into enduring, employee-owned businesses through our software, education, and community products. There wasn't an easy way for small businesses to become employee-owned before Teamshares! Our mission is to create $10B of new wealth for lower-income Americans through employee ownership.
We are a 50+ person remote-first and Series C funded company backed by Khosla Ventures, Collaborative Fund, Inspired Capital, Slow Ventures, and Union Square Ventures.
What you'll do:
- Support the M&A integrations team by assisting in purchase price accounting. This will include calculating purchase price adjustments based on account analysis and review of pre-and post-close activities.
- Interpret and apply share purchase agreement language to purchase accounting calculation to ensure proper treatment.
- Assist the accounting and finance team in the onboarding of network companies. This will include customizing requests as necessary based on a review of the network companies historical accounting policies and financials.
- Proactively monitor and update acquisition summary details as acquisitions are closed.
- Conduct technical accounting research on an ad hoc basis to support accounting issues that arise on a deal-by-deal basis
What you bring:
- Have a strong understanding of technical accounting and accounting standards (US GAAP).
- Skillful in researching specific topics
- Effective communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic accounting environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with NetSuite, OneStream & QuickBooks, or Peachtree ERPs is a plus.
Who you are:
- Excellent organizational skills, self-disciplined, and sense of personal accountability.
- A desire and comfort in working in a constantly changing and unpredictable environment.
- Flexibility to manage multiple tasks and shift between priorities.
- Critical thinker capable of initiating process improvements and problem-solving.
- Enthusiastic, inquisitive, and desire to learn a broad range of industries and topics.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or similar field.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of audit or other relevant experience.
- CPA preferred
Why should you join us?
Teamshares believes in supporting every team member with a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including: equity for all employees, exceptional medical/dental/vision benefits plans for employees and their families, 401k plan, and paid parental leave.
We recognize and facilitate the tangible impacts each employee has on our mission, while still maintaining a healthy work-life balance culture that emphasizes unplugging at the end of the work day. Our team values time off and actually takes vacation. We embody a growth mindset and provide the support you need to grow in your career.
Teamshares is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates differences and promotes inclusion. We actively seek to build a workforce representative of various cultures, perspectives, and areas of expertise. Our employee-driven Core Values serve as the foundation for an inclusive workplace environment where we empower everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
We encourage all qualified applicants from any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other characteristics to apply.
Recent Job Postings
- Engineering Productivity, DevOp at Enfabrica (Mountain View, CA) (allows remote)
- The Ops Authority: Digital Marketing Lead
- Clevertech: Google Ads Manager
- Clevertech: Culture Development Specialist
- Clevertech: Communications Specialist
- Clevertech: Producer
- Sr. Data Engineer at StyleSeat () (allows remote)
- Senior Fullstack Engineer (Python/Django/React)- #12 of Top-100 Marketplaces at StyleSeat () (allows remote)
- Senior Data Scientist at StyleSeat () (allows remote)
- UX Engineer at Pinnacle 21 () (allows remote)