Director of Community ImpactAt TeamSnap
Apply for the Job
TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to empowering play in youth sports. We encourage our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos which lands us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work” on the regular.
While we are wildly passionate about the positive impact youth sports has on individuals, their families, their communities and society as a whole, we recognize that not all kids have equal access to sport. Mindful of this disparity, TeamSnap is hiring a Director of Community Impact to help improve accessibility to sport in our communities. This person will play a key role in building a community impact strategy, defining our overall objectives, working with industry partners to refine and execute initiatives, and driving related activities across the company.
TeamSnap has committed to making an impact on the access and inclusion of sport since its inception and is a key focus of the CEO. This role will directly report to the VP of Corporate Strategy and Development, Greg Ludke, with cross-functional stakeholders including marketing, business development, advertising/commerce, people, and finance.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage the development of TeamSnap’s long-term community impact strategy to make a real positive difference in the youth sports world.
- Rationalize and manage the company’s strategic community impact investments.
- Lead the measurement, branding, budgeting, and evaluation of our community impact programs.
- Drive the planning and execution of large scale initiatives in partnership with the Program Management Office (PMO) team.
- Serve as the internal expert on youth sports access to sport and inclusion issues.
- Evaluate and identify business opportunities and partners that drive community impact, lift the Company’s reputation and brand, support the company’s corporate strategy and engage employees.
- Work cross-functionally with our marketing, B2B and B2C business, advertising/commerce, and PR teams to amplify the impact of our investments in community impact work.
- Partner with our employee resource groups (ERG’s) to provide improvements to our investments, products, and communities.
What'll make you successful:
- Significant experience in corporate responsibility roles with the proven success of delivering high ROI to stakeholders and underserved communities.
- Aptitude to build out a strategy, but also roll up your sleeves to execute the tactics in a community impact plan.
- Ability to blend a good understanding of the business strategy and challenges, with insights into how corporate responsibility can make a difference for the company and society.
- Previous experience in building and managing a portfolio of external partners and relationships.
- Excellent external networking and communication skills to build rapport with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Engaging and passionate storytelling skills, with the ability to effectively craft and position messages to demonstrate the impact of community impact investment.
- Strong knowledge of the youth sports market and industry.
- Passion about making a difference in the world of youth sports and beyond.
- Ability to work as part of a remote-first team.
- Flexibility, teamwork, sense of humor, and the willingness to do what's necessary.
- Strong relationships within the youth sports industry nonprofit and for-profit sector.
- Passed a master class in kazoo playing.
- A parent, coach, or participant in a recreational sport.
- A TeamSnap user (sign up for a free trial to see what we’re about).
Got cold feet? If you’re thinking you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. We’re all humans with special talents that go beyond what’s listed here.
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but the job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you are welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time
We’re committed to equitable compensation for all TeamSnappers.The annual compensation range for this role is $125k-165k, inclusive of base and bonuses or commissions. This range applies to Colorado-based employees only and may be adjusted based on work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Benefits and Perks
TeamSnap provides a culture of trust, boundless opportunities to grow, and the chance to make a lasting impact. Benefits include:
- We're not just remote, we're known for being remote-first. We've been working remotely since before COVID made it cool
- Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
- 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- $1,500 annual learning and development stipend
- Travel to fun locations for all-company meetings and team events
- 401K and more! [link to our total rewards deck]
Inclusion and Diversity
Bring your real self. Celebrate what makes you unique. Part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity includes deepening our relationships with our employee resource groups (women, people of color, and LGBTQIA+). Our ERGs partner regularly with the executive team and people experience team to hold TeamSnap accountable in building an environment where everyone feels valued. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.