QA TesterAt TeamSnap
Apply for the Job
TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to empowering play in youth sports. We encourage our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos which lands us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work” on the regular.
TeamSnap is seeking an experienced QA Tester who anticipates, seeks, and discovers problems. If you’re the kind of person who re-reads sent emails looking for typos, discovers continuity errors in movies and has no qualms about repeatedly experimenting with a 50-ingredient chili recipe, this job may be for you.
What you’ll be doing:
As a QA Tester, you will work closely with our product teams throughout the feature development cycle. Using your critical thinking skills and clear communication, your ultimate goal will be to prevent bugs and usability issues from being introduced in production to our customers. Often you will be in uncharted waters creating test coverage outlines, bug reports, and supporting feature documentation. You must have painstaking attention to detail, patience for repetitive work, and a sleuth-like capacity for uncovering non-obvious problems.
What'll set you up for success:
- 2+ years of relevant experience as a QA tester on a project team developing customer-facing SaaS web and Android/iOS native products.
- Strong knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of quality assurance testing and the ability to apply this knowledge and skills.
- Experience or willingness to learn Ghost Inspector or other test automation tools.
- Growth mindset and passion for all things testing.
- Possess a solid understanding of process flow and development; strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in a CI/CD environment, releasing up to multiple times a day.
- Strong decision-making skills, with the ability to prioritize and know where to focus.
- Ability to think from a user’s perspective with a no-compromise attitude towards quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Keen organizational skills with overt attention to detail.
- A relentless desire to investigate and explore all the nooks and crannies.
- Ability to work as part of a geographically-distributed product development team.
- Flexibility, sense of humor, and the willingness to jump in without being asked.
- Ability to read through and QA all of these bullet points.
- Passionate about sports. Being a parent, coach or participant in recreational sports is even better.
- Be a TeamSnap user (sign up for a free trial to see what we’re about).
- Ability to talk to animals, Doctor Doolittle-style.
Got cold feet? If you’re thinking you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. We’re all humans with special talents that go beyond what’s listed here.
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire US-based citizens at this time.
We’re committed to equitable compensation for all TeamSnappers.The annual compensation range for this role is $70,000-100,000, inclusive of base and bonuses, based on experience. This range applies to Colorado-based employees only and may be adjusted based on work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Benefits and Perks
TeamSnap provides a culture of trust, boundless opportunities to grow, and the chance to make a lasting impact. Benefits include:
- We're not just remote, we're known for being remote-first. We've been working remotely since before COVID made it cool
- Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
- 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- $1,500 annual learning and development stipend
- Travel to fun locations for all-company meetings and team events
- 401K and more! [link to our total rewards deck]
Inclusion and Diversity
Bring your real self. Celebrate what makes you unique. Part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity includes deepening our relationships with our employee resource groups (women, people of color, and LGBTQIA+). Our ERGs partner regularly with the executive team and people experience team to hold TeamSnap accountable in building an environment where everyone feels valued. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.