DevOps EngineerAt ThreatConnect, Inc.
ThreatConnect, Inc. provides cybersecurity software that reduces complexity for everyone, makes decision making easy by turning intelligence into action, and integrates processes and technologies to continually strengthen defenses and drive down risk. Designed by analysts but built for the entire team (security leadership, risk, security operations, threat intelligence, and incident response), ThreatConnect’s decision and operational support platform is the only solution available today with cyber risk quantification, intelligence, automation, analytics, and workflows in one. To learn more, please visit www.threatconnect.com.
We offer a competitive benefits package with comprehensive insurance coverage, paid time off, and unique perks designed to help you meet your financial and personal goals.
We are committed to offering an employment experience and benefits package that enables you and your family to grow with us and to share in our success. We love to recognize our employees who have gone above and beyond, and offer incentives like quarterly awards, an employee bonus and referral program, and team-building outings.
Are you currently a highly skilled linux administrator with a knack for programming looking to break into the DevOps world? We are looking for you! The DevOps team at ThreatConnect is searching for an Engineer to join us. We are a multi-functional team that works with both internal and customer-facing groups to deliver world-class service 24x7 for our global clients. We also collaborate with the Core Engineering, Platform Integrations, and QA teams to provide CI/CD services as well as R&D environments.
Our team operates in an expanding industry and we are looking for someone to grow with us. We are searching for an individual who is solution-driven and is willing to experiment to find the right tool for the job. We respect different technical opinions and want someone who is willing to propose and follow through on innovative ideas.
As part of the DevOps team, you will work on the design, deployment, and monitoring of our production systems. In support of our global users, you will respond to production outages on a multi-shift schedule and on-call rotation. You will plan, develop, and implement tools that grow our platform in a stable, sustainable, and scalable manner.
You take ownership of problems. You’re not just looking to close out a ticket or pass it on to the next person. You aren’t content with just resolving the surface-level symptom, but you pursue an issue to its root cause.
You are collaborative. You're a team player who puts the interest of the team above your own. You display a positive attitude, are open, and enjoy contributing.
You’re not afraid to ask questions. DevOps is a broad field, and no single person can know all of it. When you hit a brick wall, you’re unafraid to reach out to your colleagues and ask for their perspective.
You love fixing things. It doesn’t just provide a paycheck, you are genuinely interested in what you do and the impact that it has on others.
- Work on something different on a daily basis
- work on a team where every member has a voice
- Be creative in technical solutions for internal and customer-facing problems
- Collaborate with and learn from a helpful team with a diverse range of technical skills
In the first month we’ll expect you to…
- Get onboarded and train with your supervisor
- Get acclimated into the role
- Understand the tools and different stakeholders
- Know how to set up your own ThreatConnect instance
- Shadow and partner with team members on tickets, upgrades, and alerts
At 3 months we’ll expect you to…
- Take on a 2nd shift once per week from 3 p.m. to midnight Eastern. Note: This does not apply to Europe-based candidates
- Own internal-facing Jira tickets
- Be contributing quality code to our configuration management systems
At 6 months we’ll expect you to…
- Become part of the full on-call rotation. You will spend one week as the primary contact, one week as the backup contact, and remaining weeks of the rotation off-call.
- Fully own internal and customer-facing Jira tickets, and follow them through to final resolution
- Partake in the code review process for new changes to our configuration management system
- Be contributing ideas and solutions for how to improve our development and operational workflow
At 12 months we’ll expect you to…
- Have a thorough understanding of the ThreatConnect CI/CD pipeline
- Own and lead the effort on at least one major new project
- Currently, DevOps is 5 members strong. We are looking to expand this number over 2021
- All of us work remotely in geographically diverse areas. Virginia, North Carolina, and Texas are represented on our team!
- Slack is our preferred method of communication. During the work day, we regularly communicate in private channels. Additionally, rubber duck sessions are extremely common in our group
- Proficiency working in a linux command line environment
- Proficiency with Linux server administration in environments of 100 servers or more
- Ability to interpret and write shell scripts
- Experience using configuration management systems such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Proficiency with Git version control to track configuration management changes
- Strong understanding of client / server architectures
- Experience managing distributed web services
- Proficiency with Docker, both building images and managing containers (with docker-compose a plus)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure providers, such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience with CI/CD platforms or similar, such as Gitlab, Travis CI, or Jenkins
- Familiarity with a high-level programming language, such as Python or Go
- 4-6 years total technical experience
- Terraform or other infrastructure as code systems
- Hypervisors like oVirt and ESXi
- Basic administration of SQL database platforms
- Understanding of SQL scripts and ability to write simple statements
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet about 60% of job criteria, women and individuals from marginalized groups tend to apply only when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes but you’re not sure that you check every box, apply anyway!
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee recognition program with quarterly awards
- Employee referral program
- Military leave options available
- Education reimbursement program for job-related college courses and professional training
- Quarterly events with your geographic team
- Annual company party
- MEDICAL PREMIUM FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES ARE 100% COVERED
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Company-paid short term and long term disability
- Company-paid insurance and AD&D coverage
- Pet Insurance
- 401K retirement savings plan with company matching program up to 6%
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical, dependent care, transit and parking)
- Cell phone stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave