UI/UX Product DesignerAt ThreatConnect
ThreatConnect, Inc. provides cybersecurity software that reduces complexity for everyone, makes decision making easy by turning intelligence into action, and integrates processes and technologies to continually strengthen defenses and drive down risk. Designed by analysts but built for the entire team (security leadership, risk, security operations, threat intelligence, and incident response), ThreatConnect’s decision and operational support platform is the only solution available today with cyber risk quantification, intelligence, automation, analytics, and workflows in one. To learn more, please visit www.threatconnect.com.
We offer a competitive benefits package with comprehensive insurance coverage, paid time off, and unique perks designed to help you meet your financial and personal goals.
We are committed to offering an employment experience and benefits package that enables you and your family to grow with us and to share in our success. We love to recognize our employees who have gone above and beyond, and offer incentives like quarterly awards, an employee bonus and referral program, and team-building outings.
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our UI/UX team at ThreatConnect. You’ll work alongside a talented group of Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to help define and implement innovative solutions for ThreatConnect’s product vision.
Are you interested in creating user-centered design solutions for cybersecurity professionals? Are you looking for an opportunity to work remotely? If so, you might be our next Product Designer!
We are a flexible and creative UI team located throughout the US, embracing the values of freedom and responsibility. We work in smaller initiative teams to build out new features. As a larger team, we have defined 5 values we strive for:
- User-Focused: We utilize research to empathize and understand their needs in order to create the best possible user experience
- Inquisitive: When we ask “Why” every day, it’s about learning the purpose behind the things we build. We aim to learn more, always
- Collaborative: We strive to be respectful, encouraging, and supportive as we freely exchange ideas in and across teams in order to build the best product possible
- Imaginative: We enjoy exploring possibilities of what could be, as we aim to delight our users in ways they haven’t even realized they needed
- Committed to Quality: The quality of our user interface directly impacts the daily lives of our customers, so we’re committed to being detail-oriented, always improving, and staying open to feedback
- Participate in all aspects of the design process – ideation, user research, wireframing, prototyping, and high fidelity design production for engineers to implement
- Directly interface with our users to conduct interviews, research, and gather data to inform design decisions
- Translate ambiguous problems into a detailed design solution so users can immediately gain value out of the product
- Contribute to and help maintain ThreatConnect’s design system
- Create new design patterns that are intuitive, practical, and scalable
- Give and solicit feedback from others in order to continually raise our bar for quality
You think of the user first. You believe in a fundamentally user-centered and reality-based approach to UI design. You understand what makes an experience good or bad. On that foundation is where you build the beauty and flair you add to all of your designs.
You are design-savvy. Design is your passion; you stay up to date with the latest developments in the industry. You understand the importance of keeping up with the latest UI best practices and you contribute to the team by sharing your findings.
You are curious. You are willing to learn and immerse yourself in a new market: cyber risk quantification. You enjoy solving problems across a diverse range of subjects.
You are a team player. You put the interests of the team above your own. You display a positive attitude, and you are open to others’ ideas and you can state your case clearly. You enjoy working in a collaborative environment and are prepared to contribute.
- Onboard and meet the team
- Become familiar with our design and development processes
- Understand the basics of our pattern library and design system
- Proactively learn the ThreatConnect platform
- Have a foundational understanding of the ThreatConnect Platform and our user personas
- Develop conceptual user flows, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes
- Collaborate seamlessly with other designers, developers, and product managers
- Present design work to the product team, engineering team, and customers for review and feedback.
- Effectively time manage both short and long-term initiatives across multiple complex projects
- Contribute ideas for improving our design system and component library
- Provide design support to qualitative user research and bridge the gap between insights and tangible concepts
- Lead the design of large-sized new features
- Be able to assist and serve as a mentor for other designers over time
- Develop product design best practices at Threatconnect
- 2-3+ years experience with end-to-end product design (research, wireframes, flow diagrams, journey mapping, visual design, low/ high fidelity prototypes)
- Portfolio demonstrating UX and visual design principles and technical expertise
- Highly proficient in Figma or other design and prototyping tools
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team
- Strong communication skills: visual, written, and verbal with ability to influence others through storytelling
- Passion for user-centered design and an understanding of how to unite user goals with business goals
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience working with a design system in Figma
- Understanding of accessibility guidelines
- Experience with data visualization
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee recognition program with quarterly awards
- Employee referral program
- Military leave options available
- Education reimbursement program for job-related college courses and professional training
- Quarterly events with your geographic team
- Annual company party
- MEDICAL PREMIUM FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES ARE 100% COVERED
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Company-paid short term and long term disability
- Company-paid insurance and AD&D coverage
- Pet Insurance
- 401K retirement savings plan with company matching program up to 6%
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical, dependent care, transit and parking)
- Cell phone stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet about 60% of job criteria, women and individuals from marginalized groups tend to apply only when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes but you’re not sure that you check every box, apply anyway!