Systems ArchitectAt Tucows
Tucows Wireless Services is building a new modern SaaS platform to help wireless companies operate around the world. The rollout of 5G networks in the US and elsewhere provides opportunities for innovation in the telecom space. As an Internet company, our culture, experience, and approach position us well to take advantage of these.
If you are a seasoned System Architect who is excited to shape a new and evolving architecture as we scale from zero to millions of users, we may have a job for you!
What You'll Do:
- Own the System Architecture of a new Event-Driven system designed to handle millions of users
- Create and own an Architectural Roadmap, working closely with Product and Scrum teams to deliver it
- Identify and prioritize Non Functional Requirements and ensure our System Designs allow these to be met
- Lead design and solutioning of new projects and features
- Establishing Best Practices in areas such as Development, System Design, Performance, CI/CD, Observability
Why work with us:
- You enjoy working with a fully remote company
- You want to work with cutting edge technologies
- You enjoy greenfield software development
- You excel at solving problems at scale for millions of people
- You want to work with and learn from some of the smartest minds in the industry
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience leading architecture and design for a highly scalable system
- 3+ years working with Microservices and tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Nomad
- Hands on experience with Apache Kafka and Microservices
- Deep understanding of DDD, Event Driven Architecture Patterns, and Event Sourcing
- Experience working closely with Product Owners and Scrum teams to meet goals
- Experience evaluating, selecting, and coordinating technology choices
- Experience working in scaled Agile environments and supporting a multi-scrum team development project
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with mentoring teams and individuals
Who You Might Be:
- Experience with one of Go, Ruby, Python
- Experience with PostgreSQL and Redis
- Experience with the Nomad, Consul, Vault, and the Hashicorp stack
- Experience with Datadog
- Experience with C4 Models or another modelling method
- Experience designing Restful APIs
- Experience designing and improving CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience in the telecoms space
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site at: https://tucows.com/careers/
Recent Job Postings
- Sherbet: Senior Full Stack Developer
- Plato: Founding Engineer
- Principal Backend Engineer at Cribl () (allows remote)
- Dondich Coaching: Full-Stack Laravel Developer for Multiple Web Based Products
- Crazy Egg: Elixir/Ruby 🧠 Backend Engineer - Solving challenging problems 💪 in a team environment you'll ❤️
- SQUAKE.earth GmbH: Senior Backend Developer (Ruby)
- Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
- Senior Product Manager Draft
- Executive Assistant - Business Operations
- Head of Product