GIS Data ScientistAt Urban Intelligence
Urban Intelligence is looking for a highly skilled GIS data scientist. Working with a diverse group of talented and multi-disciplinary professionals, this unique role will provide you with an exciting opportunity to collaborate with a world-class team focusing on the development of innovative geospatial solutions for real estate. Operating in a forward-thinking and award-winning start-up environment (recently voted in the top 10 most innovative businesses in Wales), you’ll contribute to bridging the gap between technology, planning and development, and coming up with creative solutions to improve cities and productivity within the development industry.
Founded at UCL, Urban Intelligence is a technology business with a focus on planning and development. We’ve developed several first-of-a-kind solutions, including a methodology for automatically assessing a site’s development potential and sustainability within planning parameters. We’re keen to attract progressive individuals that want to push the boundaries of the current system even further. Our clients include several local authorities, Transport for London and the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government among others in the private sector.
You will be actively involved in live client projects, supporting our Lead Geospatial Data Scientist in running advanced analysis and queries to provide value-adding research and insight. You will also help us maintain our vast and complex library of geospatial data to ensure that we’re providing the best output to our users. Depending on your interests, you will be provided with the opportunity to further develop skills in pathways including; software development, data science, artificial intelligence and/or project management.
This role will be remote, but you are welcome to work in our Cardiff or London offices when any outstanding Coronavirus measures end (if preferred).
The ideal candidate must have
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm, with a strong academic profile to match
- Outstanding GIS skills
- At least 2 years of commercial experience using QGIS and ArcGIS
- At least 1 year of experience using SQL specifically PostgreSQL and PostGIS
- At least 1 year of experience writing code in Python
- Experience working with Geoserver or similar solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills
- A self-starter, keen to make an impact
- An interest in technology, property, economics, cities, society and/or the environment
- Experience working with AWS or GCP
We can provide
- Competitive compensation package + equity (commensurate with experience)
- Experience of working in an innovative technology startup pushing the boundaries of planning, working with a highly skilled and energetic team that is at the top of their game
- Option of flexible and remote working - flexible start and end date
- Close-knit, friendly and collegial team culture