User ResearcherAt User Interviews
Apply for the Job
About User Interviews
At User Interviews, we believe that the best companies in the world consistently deliver products and experiences that their customers love. We also believe that the only way to consistently build those products and experiences is to talk to your customers. Watch what they do. Understand why they do what they do. Figure out why they do things that seem irrational. And once you’ve done that once, do it again. Start having constant conversations. In short, make customers your #1 priority through user research.
That’s why we exist. We help teams set up those conversations, allowing them to discover and embrace user insights. We currently do that by making it fast and easy to talk to customers, or potential customers, to help with product, design, or marketing decisions. We work with hundreds of companies every month, including user-centric organizations like Atlassian, Amazon, and Spotify.
You will be reporting to the VP, User Research and the third person on our growing research team. This role will focus on conducting research that helps us make decisions that inform everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty usability improvements. You’ll work closely with product designers, product managers, data analysts, and engineers to make sure we’re solving real problems and building easy-to-use experiences. As a member of our research team, this will probably be the most “meta” role of your career, as you’ll be a researcher, doing research about a research tool. Basically, you’ll be doing research for a tool that you, yourself might use!
What You'll Do
- Produce actionable insights that inform overall company strategy and specific product and design decisions
- Design, conduct, and analyze research, both foundational and tactical
- Collaborate with product managers, product designers, and data analysts to answer research questions and de-risk decisions using a mixed methods approach
- Analyze results and translate them into clear compelling frameworks and narratives that inspire empathy, action, and change among your partners
- Coach people who do research across User Interviews (Product Managers, Designers, Marketers)
- Act as an internal evangelist for our customers, our users and research as a discipline
- Collaborate with Research Operations Manager to create methods for storing and organizing insights, tracking impact and knowledge sharing
- 3+ years of experience conducting research in user experience, product design, or technology contexts
- You have experience influencing company or product strategy with insights
- You're a great writer and strong storyteller. You love sharing your work through different mediums and channels!
- You have experience with core research methods (exploratory interviews, concept testing, usability testing, basic survey design, and analysis, etc)
- You're driven to try and share new, innovative research methods
- You're comfortable leading workshops and analysis sessions with cross-functional partners
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and does not now or in the future require sponsorship for visa status
- Bonus: Familiarity with design. You're comfortable pairing with product designers and know your way around a Figma file
- Bonus: Familiarity with basic data analytics, experimentation, and statistical concepts. We have a separate analytics department, but you're comfortable exploring data analytics and using them to inform your work.
- Competitive Salary with a generous equity stake in the company
- 100% premium covered medical + dental employee coverage
- Annual membership to One Medical Group & Talkspace
- 401k + employer contribution
- 4 weeks of PTO to start + accrue an additional day per year of employment
- Unlimited wellness days - Sick? Doctors appointment? Mental health day? We’ve got you covered.
- Flexible, paid parental leave
- Stock options for every employee
- $250 Office setup budget
- Annual learning & development stipend
- Performance-based incentive plans
- Awards for 360-degree recognition, work anniversaries, & birthdays
- 1-2 team retreats per year (virtual and in-person options)
Please note, unfortunately, visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
User Interviews is a fully remote team (even in the before times). We are proactive about staying connected to one another despite not sharing the same physical space. Remote culture is real and we care about it—a lot.
We’re a team of doers. You’ll be fully supported by your manager and team, but there won’t be anyone peering over your shoulder. You’ll be expected and trusted to take ownership of your work, and to communicate clearly and transparently with your distributed teammates.
On a related note, we’re very pro-feedback. From our users, of course. But also from each other. From individual contributors right up to the CEO, this is a team that is genuinely committed to continuous improvement.
We embrace what makes you, you!
We are committed to accessibility, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We build products for and welcome participants, researchers, and employees from a diverse set of backgrounds. These backgrounds include—but are not limited to—varied socioeconomic status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, race, ethnicity, age, neurodivergence, disability, and citizenship.
As we grow, we are aware that this work is continuous. We will not settle for how things are, but rather strive for how they could be.
Recent Job Postings
- Sherbet: Senior Full Stack Developer
- Plato: Founding Engineer
- Principal Backend Engineer at Cribl () (allows remote)
- Dondich Coaching: Full-Stack Laravel Developer for Multiple Web Based Products
- Crazy Egg: Elixir/Ruby 🧠 Backend Engineer - Solving challenging problems 💪 in a team environment you'll ❤️
- SQUAKE.earth GmbH: Senior Backend Developer (Ruby)
- Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
- Senior Product Manager Draft
- Executive Assistant - Business Operations
- Head of Product