Product ManagerAt Vareto
US, Canada, Europe
Vareto is reimagining how companies evaluate the past and plan for the future. Today, companies make their most important decisions using spreadsheets, presentations, legacy tools, and countless meetings and emails. Executives make decisions with limited data, teams waste time aligning on metric definitions instead of collaborating, and analysts end up debugging Excel files instead of generating insights.
Vareto is building a next-generation planning and insights platform that changes all of that. Our product helps companies standardize their business data, derive and share insights, and build connected cloud-based financial plans - all so companies can make better, faster decisions.
We’re a remote-first team (hiring in the US, Canada, and Europe) and we’re backed by top investors and industry leaders.
As an early member of our team, you'll play an outsized role in shaping our product strategy and how we execute it. Product managers at Vareto are responsible for understanding our users' needs and working with engineers and designers to build solutions that improve how our customers plan, report, and make decisions. You'll have a big impact on both the strategic and nitty gritty of our product - from defining our long-term roadmap for automated reporting to solving for the details of how FP&A analysts scenario-plan in Vareto.
What you'll do:
- Define, own, and execute the product strategy and roadmap for a large area of our product.
- Deeply understand our users, from CFOs to financial analysts, and identify opportunities for Vareto to improve how they plan, make decisions, and collaborate.
- Collaborate with engineering, design, and business teams to prioritize, define, and ship features and improvements.
- Empower and lead your team by sharing context, setting direction, and driving clarity.
- Help us define and scale our product development processes as the company grows.
- Be a very early member of a growing company and have the opportunity to influence how we operate, from company culture to go-to-market strategy.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have worked with engineers, designers, and customers to build complex products, from research and prioritization to execution and measurement.
- Are able to balance customer needs, data, business goals, technical tradeoffs to make product decisions.
- Are excited to work in the ever-changing environment of an early stage startup and are comfortable juggling priorities and getting your hands dirty.
- Have excellent communication and storytelling skills and are eager to collaborate and build alignment with customers and teammates.
- Have 3+ years of product management or related experience; bonus points for working on enterprise SaaS products or having past experience in a finance or technical role.
Is your experience close to what we’ve described but maybe you feel you’re missing a few of the requirements? We encourage you to apply anyway. We look for people with exceptional potential, and we know this can take many forms. We believe the highest performing teams include people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Recent Job Postings
- Sherbet: Senior Full Stack Developer
- Plato: Founding Engineer
- Principal Backend Engineer at Cribl () (allows remote)
- Dondich Coaching: Full-Stack Laravel Developer for Multiple Web Based Products
- Crazy Egg: Elixir/Ruby 🧠 Backend Engineer - Solving challenging problems 💪 in a team environment you'll ❤️
- SQUAKE.earth GmbH: Senior Backend Developer (Ruby)
- Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
- Senior Product Manager Draft
- Executive Assistant - Business Operations
- Head of Product