Support EngineerAt vioma
Since almost 20 Years we love to develop result-oriented Software Solutions in accordance with the Software as a Service principle. All our Technology and Services are aimed at the Hotel & Tourism Industry with a focus on premium hotels. We do not only design, develop and support our software products, we also host them on our own to guarantee for maximum security and quality.
Microservices architecture, with nearly 100 running servers forming our infrastructure.
- VueJS frontend
- Golang backend for all new services
- Python & PHP backend for legacy systems
- MySQL & BadgerDB for persistent storage
- Elasticsearch & Clickhouse for data warehousing
- Continuous Integration using GitLab
Independence and self-reliance. Projects can't be defined down to each function or each line of code, it's important to be able to make intelligent decisions independently.
No dumb questions. If something is not clear, or there's a problem somewhere, a quick question can usually save hours of needless investigation/debugging.
Testing. Testing. It's easy to write a few lines of code, it's much harder to make sure this code will not need to be constantly rewritten.
Messing up is unavoidable. Keeping that in mind helps us prepare for problems before they happen.
Someone with an eagerness to learn. Experience with some/all of the technologies we use is great! But we're always looking to use the best tool for the job, and so our tech-stack is continuously growing. The ability to pick up a new language or a new technology is essential.
Someone excited about tackling difficult problems and building scalable solutions with solid foundations for future updates.
- Ability & willingness to explain technical concepts to non-technical team members
- Ability to dive into code and find clean, simple solutions to complex problems
- Ability to sift through API logs is extremely helpful
- Experience working with a variety of languages (Go, Python, & PHP are ideal)
- Experience working in QA with a technical background is ideal
- Background working in the tourism industry is a strong plus, but not mandatory
- Be the primary point of contact between our support and development teams
- Work closely with our support team to troubleshoot and address our customers' queries regarding functional and technical issues
- Find and fix bugs reported through support
- Review bug fixes written by other team members
- Build tools for internal use by either the development or the support team
- Help-out with and review updates to our documentation to make sure it is accurate and complete
- Take operational responsibility for the code that you write over the entire software development life cycle (design → build → test → deploy → maintain)