Director of Infrastructure and SecurityAt VOLT Systems
VOLT is a fast-growing technology company who offers an engagement platform for retail, ecommerce, brands and their vendors to work together as one, delivering meaningful business results. VOLT's technology products drive engagement and execution for world leading brands. Built on the latest software stacks and cloud technologies, our team creates amazing, customer-focused solutions. While our technology is amazing, it is our PEOPLE that make VOLT a great company. Join our collaborative, agile team and become an integral part of setting the company's direction and delighting our customers.
Director of Infrastructure and Security
Lead Volt Systems cutting-edge IT infrastructure and security platform to deliver best in class digital products for a very fast-growing business. The leader will work closely with various internal stakeholders and vendor partners in building and managing cloud infrastructure to not only address the needs of a growing business but also securing it from ever growing threats. Bring your security superhero talents to VOLT and ensure we are secure from outside threats.
What is in it for you?
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits
- Join a highly collaborative team
What will you do?
- Provide vision and leadership in the design and implementation of appropriate IT infrastructure that leverages cloud technology solutions to deliver the optimal hosting environment for a variety of services and workloads.
- Overall management of IT infrastructure including vision and strategy, operations, and problem management, as well as infrastructure installation, decommissioning and maintenance.
- Responsibility for technology evaluation and the entire technology lifecycle. This includes design and inception through implementation. Responsible for day-to-day security infrastructure operations and growth in all the work locations including on premise computing, wired/wireless network, infrastructure, and end user device management by leveraging managed services vendor resources.
- Own managed services (e.g., managed infrastructure services and security services), cloud-hosted infrastructure, performing appropriate cost, benefit, and risk analysis for new and existing contracts.
- Lead business continuity and disaster recovery planning, testing and readiness efforts.
- Oversee development of appropriate security-related policies and compliance with relevant security standards and regulations and manage the relationship with vendors to ensure appropriate controls are in place.
- Develop processes and procedures to improve security operations functions, incident response times, analysis of incidents, and overall SOC functions. Stay informed on security developments, including research industry trends, ongoing security threats, new security tools.
- Vendor management and some customer Interface when necessary.
- Responsible for managing vendor contracts and purchase agreements.
What experience should you have?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required, MS in security a plus
- 0+ years' experience leading IT infrastructure and security for growing cloud enabled company infrastructure.
- 5+ years hands-on industry experience Microsoft Azure required. Experience with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform a plus.
- Extensive experience in network design, implementation, and support
- Understanding of cloud ecosystem and leading-edge cloud emerging technologies.
- Experienced in cloud architecture and administration on Azure.
- Experience managing security systems, such as firewalls, security information and event management (SIEM), vulnerability scanning, network access control, or anti-malware protection.
- Experience in leading security compliance for any of these - PCI, NIST CSF, SOC 2, HITRUST via the development, implementation, and governance of common controls for products and infrastructure.
- A strong understanding of Information/Application Security on premise and in the cloud.
- Experienced in managing vendor relationships, especially as it relates to managed services (e.g., managed infrastructure services and security services), cloud-hosted infrastructure etc.
- Strong background and passion for all things cloud, “DevOps” and automation is desirable.
- St. Louis, MO (corporate office preferred), Dallas, TX or other remote markets may be considered
- Occasional travel to Volt headquarters in Des Peres, MO