Video Producer PolygonAt Vox Media, LLC
New York City, New York, United States
As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companyâs âMost Innovative Companies in Media,â an Inc. âCompany of the Year,â Digidayâs âBest Company for Parents,â and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
About the position:
Polygon is a website dedicated to video games, entertainment and the culture that surrounds them. Weâre looking for a Video Producer to contribute video and editorial content thatâs funny, sharp, and fits with Polygonâs voice.
This position will work within Polygonâs video team to create original content for Polygon.com, YouTube, Twitch, and other video platforms as needed. You should be able to juggle multiple projects at once and possess the initiative to pitch original series and kickstart new projects in a busy work environment. Overall, weâre looking for someone with a love and knowledge of games, a willingness to learn and grow within the role, and above all else, an eagerness to experiment with new methods of storytelling.
Please provide a resume, links to your two best videos, and a video cover letter, either as an attachment or a link below. The video cover letter should be under two minutes and give us a fast idea of who you are, what you can do, and why you want to work for Polygon. The deadline for applications is Monday, January 31 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
What youâll do:
- Pitch, research, script, shoot, and edit your own original video essays for Polygonâs YouTube channel
- Collaborate with other video producers on script reads, brainstorming sessions, and shoots
- Balance a variety of projects at once, from occasional quick turnaround social videos to longform episodic productions and everything in between
- Co-host weekly Twitch streams with Polygonâs video team, and participate in other one-off live events
- Write occasional articles for Polygon.com as needed
What you'll bring:
- A smart, funny voice that fits with Polygonâs
- A sharp eye for recognizing and creating things people will want to share
- The ability to think critically and deeply about games, and support your ideas through a combination of research and expert interviews
- Experience working in a highly collaborative team environment and providing thoughtful critique and feedback on othersâ ideas
- Exceptional verbal communication and script-writing skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once and shift priorities in order to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with audio and video recording software and hardware
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects (or similar motion graphics software)
- A strong interest in video games, entertainment, and Polygonâs mission
Bonus points for: (only if applicable)
- Experience writing for an online publication
- Experience creating videos for multiple social media platforms
*This role is a part of the Vox Media Union, represented by the Writers Guild of America, East.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsâincluding flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and funâand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Vox Media is dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all of our employees. All employees in our offices are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have an approved religious or medical exemption. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, including submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and wearing a face covering in our offices.
Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, and we will never contact you via text message.
Recent Job Postings
- Sherbet: Senior Full Stack Developer
- Plato: Founding Engineer
- Principal Backend Engineer at Cribl () (allows remote)
- Dondich Coaching: Full-Stack Laravel Developer for Multiple Web Based Products
- Crazy Egg: Elixir/Ruby 🧠 Backend Engineer - Solving challenging problems 💪 in a team environment you'll ❤️
- SQUAKE.earth GmbH: Senior Backend Developer (Ruby)
- Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
- Senior Product Manager Draft
- Executive Assistant - Business Operations
- Head of Product